Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Theresa May's time is up

:D

The figures vary a bit depending who you read because the Tories don't publish any figures themselves, so it's all extrapolated from polls. 72 is a significant outlier though, most of the research I've seen says late 50s.

Stats or probably ?

Probably, but given my I have daily direct experience of working with people in their 60s and 70s online I have some confidence in my assertion. People of that age used computers at work, it's people 80+ who struggle.

:D

The figures vary a bit depending who you read because the Tories don't publish any figures themselves, so it's all extrapolated from polls. 72 is a significant outlier though, most of the research I've seen says late 50s.
Considering they will have members in every age group, for the average to be 72, most of their membership would have to be in the 80s at least. An average age of 72, just doesn't seem credible at all.

Probably, but given my I have daily direct experience of working with people in their 60s and 70s online I have some confidence in my assertion. People of that age used computers at work, it's people 80+ who struggle.

If you want to see if geriatric Tories can use a computer, have a look if Sasaferrato has logged on recently...

Rudd is utterly charmless and mechanistic, as much as she would love the top job, she cannot be a contender surely ? how many bodies do they have to push into the mincing machine until they are happy with the result ? Hastings was subject to boundary changes which brought in the tory vote IIRC- she should be out on her her arse at the GE if the local LP get their act together- they already have lost their tax office this year & associated jobs and she refused to do anything about it . Union were supine from what I hear from a rep mate.

22196453_10154799707681646_2009934307681835493_n.jpg

There's talk of moving rudd to a safe seat - apparently nicholas soames has been asked if hed consider retiring to let her stand.
But wouldn't this mean 2 bi-elections? One when rudd resigned in hasting and one when soames resigns his seat in mid sussex? Labour would almost certainly take hastings - weakening the tory position in Westminster even more.

Yes, I've read about this during the day.

Quite who sees what value in Amber Rudd still remains a mystery.

There's talk of moving rudd to a safe seat - apparently nicholas soames has been asked if hed consider retiring to let her stand.
But wouldn't this mean 2 bi-elections? One when rudd resigned in hasting and one when soames resigns his seat in mid sussex? Labour would almost certainly take hastings - weakening the tory position in Westminster even more.
There's no rush, they can just do it at the next election.

Although it would look terrible going into a general election campaign with your party leader moving seat because they expected to lose the one they currently held. So I guess neither option is good.

I don't really see Rudd as a contender anyway tbh

Average member age is now 72. They are a party in serious decline.
Year | % of vote | % of electorate
2005 32.4 19.9
2010 36.1 23.5
2015 36.8 24.4
2017 42.4 29.2

Yep definitely a clear and unambiguous decline there. For gods sake this same nonsense was around 20 years ago, it was nonsense then but at least at that time you had the Tories polling in the low 30s. The Labour Party and the Conservative Party are the dominant players on the British party political landscape and neither is go anywhere.

Last edited:
2005 32.4 19.9
2010 36.1 23.5
2015 36.8 24.4
2017 42.4 29.2

Yep definitely a clear and unambiguous decline there. For gods sake this same nonsense was around 20 years ago, it was nonsense then but at least at that time you had the Tories polling in the low 30s. Neither the Labour Party nor the Conservative Party are the dominant players on the British party political landscape and neither is go anywhere.
2005 32.4 19.9
2010 36.1 23.5
2015 36.8 24.4
2017 42.4 29.2

Yep definitely a clear and unambiguous decline there. For gods sake this same nonsense was around 20 years ago, it was nonsense then but at least at that time you had the Tories polling in the low 30s. Neither the Labour Party nor the Conservative Party are the dominant players on the British party political landscape and neither is go anywhere.

Christ FPTP is depressing.

Back
Top Bottom