Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Truth About Chlorinated Chicken review – Channel 4 doc

Even if it is labelled it will be distorted to create an entirely false impression, just like all the pretty farmyard and fields graphics that adorn 'free range' eggs.

Misleading the consumer: The free-range deceit

large-lidl-eggs-cropped.jpg

Here's the 'Happy Egg' 'free range' hangar. Disgusting.

happyeggfront1.jpg

This is gross and blatant propaganda on your part. IIRC, you are a vegetarian, so no methods of animal food production would be acceptable to you.

Right. So your base position is believe absolutely anything you read - even when the claims are coming from a self-interested commercial company and totally unsupported by any independent source?

I'll have to pop out for some more :facepalm:s soon at this rate.

Proof?

I'm sorry, your inherent bias makes your comments more than a tad unreliable.

This is gross and blatant propaganda on your part. IIRC, you are a vegetarian, so no methods of animal food production would be acceptable to you.

Which part of it is untrue? You do realise that the article quotes multiple studies, yes?

Proof?

I'm sorry, your inherent bias makes your comments more than a tad unreliable.
I've just asked you for an independent source to back up your claims. My personal choice of diet is absolutely irrelevant.

But, the quote was, 'The concentration of chlorine used to rinse salads is greater than that in a swimming pool, but less than in common drinking water, where the chemical is used at a low concentration to kill harmful bacteria."

If it's greater than that in a pool, but less than in tap water, it doesn't add-up to pools having 5 times as much chlorine as tap water. :hmm:

Exactly. That was my point about the quality of this company's proof-reading. :facepalm:
I am generously assuming the issue is with their proof-reading rather than their honesty. :)

Exactly. That was my point about the quality of this company's proof-reading. :facepalm:
I am generously assuming the issue is with their proof-reading rather than their honesty. :)
Can't stand common drinking water. I like the upmarket drinking water myself.

Salmonella rate U.S. by state 2018 | Statistic

https://assets.publishing.service.g...972/salmonella_data_2007_to_2016_may_2018.pdf

US state average for Salmonella 16.7 cases per 100,000 people. UK 14.78 cases per 100,000 people.

Many times more in the US. Really?

A quick look at those links, they are covering salmonella cases, not deaths from salmonella, unless I've missed something, in which case please quote the comparison of deaths, in a format like this...

The US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention report around 380 deaths in the US each year attributed to foodborne salmonella poisoning. The most recent epidemiological lab data from Public Health England, 2006 to 2015 shows no deaths in England and Wales from salmonella.
Fears new trade deals with US will increase UK food poisoning @UKsustain | Sustain

Not me pwned. Would you listen to a view regarding a brand of beer from a teetotaller? Don't expect me to listen to views on living food production from someone inherently opposed.
But we're not discussing the taste. We're discussing the science of the methods and processes of production.

Sorry if I missed your point, that's the trouble having urban open on one screen, whilst working on the other, and not giving a 100% attention to either. :oops:

You'll be pleased to learn that Trump has now struck a deal to export US :facepalm:s to Britain. These are all chlorine washed to ensure the safety of the consumer and there's absolutely no risk to public health.
They're the best :facepalm:s ever made. They're amazing. No one makes better :facepalm:s than America and no one knows more about :facepalm:s than Trump.

The US may have chlorinated chicken, but I wonder how many hospital patients they have killed with hospital supplied Listeria?
I'm sure you think you have a great point here, but I really can't see what it is.

Do you think that if Trump has his way and the NHS is further carved up and outsourced to private companies things like food poisoning from pre-packaged meals for patients are likely to go up or down?

Am I the only one that wonders about raising chickens in America for people in Britain to eat. Wasn't there a movement to make food more local, surely we can raise enough chickens in Britain for our own needs.

Will there be chickens raised here being shipped to the USA for them to eat at the same time as others are shipped here for us to eat?

Anyhow, how is it that slaughtered chicken survives such a journey, it must have a shelf life? Is it going to be shipped here air freight?

Back
Top Bottom