Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The stupidity of the anti-vaxx nutcases

It's a valid comparison. The people who don't die from the initial infection can better resist another infection, but you are forgetting those who do die or get Long Covid, which is prevented by the vaccine at a much greater degree than those who don't. So saying getting covid gives as good immunisation as the vaccine is disingenuous.
You seem to think this a debate concerning establishing a truth, an absolute truth, as to whether someone should take the vaccination or not.
I don't see the point in such an endevour, because I don't believe anyone should be telling people whether to take the vaccinations or not.
Everyone should do their own research and that way, they have informed consent before they decide to get themselves vaccinationed or not.
You've heard of context haven't you? Saying that I'm saying "Covid gives good immunisation as the vaccination" then accusing me of beign disingenous, is you being disingenous because you've fucking left out the part where I stressed that wasn't a reason not to get the vaccination.

The problem with you, is that you want the actual facts to be changed to suit an outcome you want, when the fair thing to do, is to give the facts some context.

christ you're all still going at it pages later with this dude but left the lowest hanging fruit just hanging there?
As for the Great Reset, most of it I've learnt about from the WEF itself.

what a waste.

ETA this is what my problem is, I don’t really care about whether a person is vaccinated or not, it’s that it never seems to come without this shit as well, that’s why I’m anti anti vax in the way I am, which is causing problems in my social life again now.

Last edited:
How many more strawmen, sorry strawtheys do you have?
You are not an expert. You are not trained and do not have the knowledge required to make a coherent assessment of whether the vaccine is safe or not.
However, nothing stops you from making ill-informed decisions and not taking the vaccine. If your family however has listened to those who have the expertise and do not want to risk their health, that is their freedom to do, and is your problem, not theirs.

They are better off because they got past Covid, they don't have long covid, they have an equal or better immune response to Covid AND they don't have to worry about any unknowns concerning the vaccine, such a possible long term side effects of it.

Again, I'll tell you, I stress, that isn't a reason not to take the vaccination.

But, where I get off, is making proclamations about whether people are better off taking the vaccination or not.

That's the differnce, I make my own choice, for my own personal health.

I believe in others weighing up the facts and making their own choices, rather than using emotional blackmail, patronisation and peer pressure.

Because if emotional blackmail and peer pressure were to become the social norms, then the government would be able to introduce digital IDs, social credits and CBDCs, running our lives, with barely any resistance.

You get past covid better with a vaccination, which lessens the severity and the risk of complications if/when you do get infected. Why are you discounting the people who contract long covid following an infection? Doesn't it matter to you that post-infection symptoms are a non-trivial risk with infection, while being a non-existent risk with vaccination?

It seems you would rather dismiss the very real risk of life-changing complications, and instead worry about long-term side-effects that have no plausible mechanism of action.

You seem to think this a debate concerning establishing a truth, an absolute truth, as to whether someone should take the vaccination or not.
I don't see the point in such an endevour, because I don't believe anyone should be telling people whether to take the vaccinations or not.
Everyone should do their own research and that way, they have informed consent before they decide to get themselves vaccinationed or not.
You've heard of context haven't you? Saying that I'm saying "Covid gives good immunisation as the vaccination" then accusing me of beign disingenous, is you being disingenous because you've fucking left out the part where I stressed that wasn't a reason not to get the vaccination.

The problem with you, is that you want the actual facts to be changed to suit an outcome you want, when the fair thing to do, is to give the facts some context.
But you stated as fact that surviving covid gives better protection than the vaccine. Which was wrong.

Then you stated you had posted proof to back up your statement. Which you hadn't.

You are not an expert. You are not trained and do not have the knowledge required to make a coherent assessment of whether the vaccine is safe or not.
However, nothing stops you from making ill-informed decisions and not taking the vaccine. If your family how has listened to those who have the expertise and do want to risk their health, that is their freedom to do, and your problem, not theirs.
Are you doing this on purpose? Just forgetting away the last 20 pages or so of back and forth?

I don't tell people whether to take the vaccine or not. I could not give a monkeys fuck whether my relatives took the vaccination or not.

What makes me go "mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm" is when one of my relatives starts nagging me what to do one way or the other.

Listen, I'm not going to endlessly repost proof to everyone new who wanders onto the thread. I've already posted it twice, how many times do you think I should post it?

You are not considering the larger picture. You can get the same level of immunity without the risk of long covid or other complications. So to say that people who get infected without the vax are better off than those who get the vax is simply incorrect.

Do you or do you not recognise that you can get long covid and/or pneumonia from covid infection, but not from the vax?
Yes. But that's not a reason alone to take the vaccination anymore than the possibility of being best off is a reason to not to take the vaccination.

I'm happy to deal with facts, but I'm not arrogant enough to be running around telling people whether they should or shouldn't be taking vaccinations.

I guess I'm not into social engineering.

You are not considering the larger picture. You can get the same level of immunity without the risk of long covid or other complications. So to say that people who get infected without the vax are better off than those who get the vax is simply incorrect.
Depends on the snapshot of time we are talking about.

You can't have it both ways. Either you deal in facts or you don't.

Yes. But that's not a reason alone to take the vaccination anymore than the possibility of being best off is a reason to not to take the vaccination.

I'm happy to deal with facts, but I'm not arrogant enough to be running around telling people whether they should or shouldn't be taking vaccinations.

I guess I'm not into social engineering.

Um, reducing your risk of life-changing complications is a pretty damn good reason to get the vax. I've heard plenty of stories from people who are suffering through long covid. It's not something that anyone should have to go through. So I exercise my right to free speech, and encourage as many people as possible to get vaccinated. That's not "social engineering", that's called being conscientious.

Depends on the snapshot of time we are talking about.

You can't have it both ways. Either you deal in facts or you don't.

What snapshot of time are you talking about? It's always been better to get vaccinated than to get infected. You don't risk long covid or pneumonia from getting the vax, but you do with infection. That's an imbalance of outcomes that sits clearly in favour of getting the vax.

Are you doing this on purpose? Just forgetting away the last 20 pages or so of back and forth?

I don't tell people whether to take the vaccine or not. I could not give a monkeys fuck whether my relatives took the vaccination or not.

What makes me go "mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm" is when one of my relatives starts nagging me what to do one way or the other.
Many pages ago
I've had 4 vaccinations for Covid. I wish that I didn't have any looking back and I'm quite angry at those who pressurised me into having them, but not as much as myself for caving into their pressure.

Relatives who wouldn't let me visit them unless I'd been vaccinated, to later learn that the vaccine doesn't do a damn thing to stop the spread of the virus.
Their freedom; your problem. You had two options take the vaccine or don't see your relatives.
But you seem to think your freedom is more important.

Sneaky dig at trans people, there. Why did you feel the need to include that?
Because they are an independent mind, a teller of truths if you will, from a diverse and inclusive right.

Whereas everyone else here is a hysterical, petty authoritarian from the monothought left who are guaranteed to go into paroxysms and outright white-hot SJW fury at the obviously triggering swipe.

You have all been dispatched and dealt with regarding issues of personal choice concerning immunisation. It's now time to educate you on the far more important societal issue du jour: pronouns.

Um, reducing your risk of life-changing complications is a pretty damn good reason to get the vax. I've heard plenty of stories from people who are suffering through long covid. It's not something that anyone should have to go through. So I exercise my right to free speech, and encourage as many people as possible to get vaccinated. That's not "social engineering", that's called being conscientious.
The vaccination itself has it's own risks. You have a view, I have a view and there's the science.

But science is a snapshot in time. The science changes. So everyone is free to make their choices.

The difference between you and I, is that I leave people to make their own choices, rather than telling them what to do.

Even if I shared all of your views on Covid19 and the vaccinations, I wouldn't be telling people what to do.

Because they are an independent mind, a teller of truths if you will, from a diverse and inclusive right.

Whereas everyone else here is a hysterical, petty authoritarian from the monothought left who are guaranteed to go into paroxysms and outright white-hot SJW fury at the obviously triggering swipe.

You have all been dispatched and dealt with regarding issues of personal choice concerning immunisation. It's now time to educate you on the far more important societal issue du jour: pronouns.
Listen. The minute that working class communities up and down the country start using terms like "ze" "they" or whatever, referring to their trans mates in an endeering way, I'll bet my life, that the middle classes with all of their insitutional power, will declare such terms as transphobic.

Back
Top Bottom