Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The People's Iron Fist vs Imperialist Jackboots: Revolutionaries and Anti-Communists Clash in Cuba

Too much fraternizing amongst anarchist trouble-makers go on on here on my thread. I warn you that if this goes on much longer you will have to recon with my revolutionary iron fist.

Too much fraternizing amongst anarchist trouble-makers go on on here on my thread. I warn you that if this goes on much longer you will have to recon with my revolutionary iron fist.
You'll be trying to sweep us away with an iron broom next... though I have the impression you're more Tankie than Trotsky, so might not appreciate that particular reference :D

Another new interview, this one's audio though:

I get your point SpineyNorman, and inappropriate use of the term fascist can be somewhat annoying. But if we want to be ultra purist about it, we could also argue that Franco, Hitler, Salazar, etc. weren't really fascists either, and we should only apply the term to the ideology (rather than actual practice) of Mussolini's National Fascist Party. And there is also the popular use of fascist as an abuse word from many on the left (and others), and like it or not, it is what it is, but using "fascist" in that way doesn't make someone a political illiterate. Instead, we can think of terms like "red fascism" as a metaphor.

As for Count Cuckula, he is no political illiterate and his politics are far from the "anarchist swamp". He's a proper class struggle anarcho-communist, though yes, he does have a tendency to sometimes get carried away, shoot from the hip and end up putting his foot in his mouth :) Trust me though, he is one of the good guys.
He's clueless though.

A definition of fascism that only included the fascisti in theory would is just the mirror image of ducula's 'people telling people what to do it fascist maan' really isn't it? I've never actually seen anyone try and argue that either.

And the difference between Cuba and Franco, Salazar, Hitler (really?) and even Pinochet is that they share many common threads with fascism and there is a genuine debate to be had over whether they qualify as fascist (though I'd say the debate is over for Hitler).

Ultranationalism, anticommunism, anti egalitarianism, militarist expansionism, even the class composition of the movement in many cases demonstrate these are akin to fascism.

Cuba really doesn't have anything in common with fascism other than there is a state and it's authoritarian.

Some people are too easy to wind up

Wankstain

Shouldn't you be at school?

New interview marking the anniversary of the glorious people's uprising:

Back
Top Bottom