Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The stupidity of the anti-vaxx nutcases

it would have been impossible to create the videos and images of those landings with 1960s technology.
is this true?
I've never seen this argument before.
(I'm warming to the the moon landings were fake people. Out of all the conspiracy theories its definitely by far my favourite, i think its pretty much harmless and is based on show me the real evidence not on any kind of Big They)

I’m gonna guess that that’s a risk associated with ODing on vitamin D :confused:
From The Wiki

Signs and symptoms[edit]​

An excess of vitamin D causes abnormally high blood concentrations of calcium, which can cause overcalcification of the bones, soft tissues, heart and kidneys. In addition, hypertension can result.[2] Symptoms of vitamin D toxicity may include the following:

• Dehydration
  • Vomiting
  • Diarrhea
  • Decreased appetite
  • Irritability
  • Constipation
  • Fatigue
  • Muscle weakness
  • Metastatic calcification of the soft tissues
  • Insomnia
Symptoms of vitamin D toxicity appear several months after excessive doses of vitamin D are administered. In almost every case, a low-calcium diet combined with corticosteroid drugs will allow for a full recovery within a month. It is possible that some of the symptoms of vitamin D toxicity are actually due to vitamin K depletion. One animal experiment has demonstrated that co-consumption with vitamin K reduced adverse effects, but this has not been tested in humans.[3] However the interconnected relationships between vitamin A, vitamin D, and vitamin K, outlined in a 2007 paper[4] published in the journal Medical Hypotheses, describes potential feedback loops between these three vitamins that could be elucidated by future research.

A mutation of the CYP24A1 gene can lead to a reduction in the degradation of vitamin D and to hypercalcaemia (see Vitamin_D: Excess).

is this true?
(I'm warming to the the moon landings were fake people. Out of all the conspiracy theories its definitely by far my favourite, i think its pretty much harmless and is based on show me the real evidence not on any kind of Big They)
Didn't one of the moon walkers punch out an in your face sceptic a few years ago?

is this true?
Yes, it's true that they couldn't have faked those images and videos.

It's based on lying about the evidence. I'd recommend this site if you want to get the facts about any of the conspiracy claims.

is this true?
My favourite, from a mate who's into the faked moon landings (and a few others), was "did you know there's a planet circling the sun diametrically opposite to the earth so we never see it?"

I nodded non committally.

is this true?
The moon landings being fake is disproved by the retroreflectors the astronauts left on the moon and used for Luna rangefinding.

yes! i am not a subscriber to the belief that nobody ever went to the moon, just saying i like the believers in that much better than any of the other ones. Apart from maybe the flat earth dudes, those deserve a certain respect for the sheer will that must be involved.

is this true?
Yeh, I actually love a lot of the UFO stuff. I found the Bob Lazar interview on bro Rogan absolutely captivating. Conspiracy theories can be every thing from fun and entertaining to downright dangerous. People will always think there's more to life than what there actually is, it could be boring at times otherwise.

I have recently binge-watched X-Files all the way through* and I think it inadvertently has a lot of blame for the current idiocy infecting the world as well as social media.
It made me start to feel a little paranoid with continued government cover-ups and I know it's all bollocks.

* It did really jump-the-shark towards the end and the 'Myth-arc Episodes' really got drawn out and monotonous. The monster of the week episodes were fun though.

I have recently binge-watched X-Files all the way through* and I think it inadvertently has a lot of blame for the current idiocy infecting the world as well as social media.
It made me start to feel a little paranoid with continued government cover-ups and I know it's all bollocks.

* It did really jump-the-shark towards the end and the 'Myth-arc Episodes' really got drawn out and monotonous. The monster of the week episodes were fun though.
Iirc, the show acknowledged its more earnest years on its return. But have yet to see the last of the revived series.

Yeh, I actually love a lot of the UFO stuff. I found the Bob Lazar interview on bro Rogan absolutely captivating.

Lazar is a really dodgy conman, so no surprise to see that cunt Rogan promoting him.

Lazar has no evidence of alien life or technology, and elements of his claimed education and employment history have been exaggerated or fabricated. Perceptions of Lazar have also been affected by criminal activity: he was convicted in 1990 for his involvement in a prostitution ring, and again in 2006 for selling illegal chemicals. Journalist Ken Layne states, "A lot of credible people have looked at Lazar's story and rationally concluded that he made it up."

My point is that free speech has to be protected, without that we can't critisize and if we can't be critical, we can't improve anything and then the only people who can improve their lot are those who had power in the first place.
No thanks.
You have free speech, in that you can say any stupid shit you want.

We have free speech, in that we can call you out on the claims you make.

Where's the problem?

"selling illegal chemicals" could be good or bad tbh

According to the Michigan State Police reports and United Nuclear Scientific's website, Lazar's company sells thallium, and the police search was intended to learn more about who he'd sold the material to. Lazar is not specifically listed as a suspect in the murder in the police documents.

is this true?
Nvidia made that argument. They reckon to reproduce the accurate lighting of the moon in a studio, they would have needed about half a million lasers...and the only lasers around during the 60s were big, expensive and could do only one colour: red.

You have free speech, in that you can say any stupid shit you want.

We have free speech, in that we can call you out on the claims you make.

Where's the problem?
No we don't. There are fact checkers out there that will ban a video (on youtube for example) not because of what it said, but what it failed to say with the flag "CONTEXT".

You'd make an excellent fact checker. Have you considered working for the CCCP?

Back
Top Bottom