Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Matt Hancock File

Will Hancock be Health Secretary on 19th July

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
…although it misses the point that in Big Brother you had to be voted out, whereas in Celebrity, you get voted in.

(I don’t have that the wrong way round, do I? Been a while since I saw either.)

…although it misses the point that in Big Brother you had to be voted out, where is Celebrity, you get voted in.

(I don’t have that the wrong way round, do I? Been a while since I saw either.)
You have that right. “Remember, you’re voting to save your favourites”.

Come to think of it, what I actually should have been counting weren’t the votes in the final, but votes to get him into the final. We don’t know the number of votes that time, and we needed to divide that unknown total (it’ll be fewer than voted in either stage of the final) by four not three.

It’s hilarious. “Of course, I don’t watch popular light entertainment!”
I'm at my mam's right now. Telly is permanently tuned to the Drama channel. I'm loving the old TV cop shows, but the sitcoms haven't worn well.

Anyway, otherwise, I don't watch light entertainment... and proud :thumbs:

You have that right. “Remember, you’re voting to save your favourites”.
i've an idea for a new reality tv show in which about 1,200 celebrities board a ship and you vote to literally save your favourites when the liner descends below the waves. there were be far fewer than the 900 crew there were on the show's namesake, titanic

Was it not just a case of people voting so he'd continue to undergo various forms of torture and then as soon as there was a chance of a positive outcome the votes stopped?

316958091_3244267509157008_2870019569414139225_n.jpg

It's surprisingly addictive viewing. I have a no reality TV policy but broke it in order to see Hancock eating penises and vaginas and then got hooked on the other contestants. I hope this isn't a slippery slope into Love Island.
Unlikely. I tried Love Island - it's brain meltingly boring. I gave it an honest go and an open mind over two series. I didn't come close to completing either of them.
I watched pretty much the whole thing. I'm not ashamed to admit that I watch it - it's really quite funny seeing people here earnestly explaining that they don't watch it, but "just happened" to see a clip or two.

:D
I liked Big Brother in its early 2000's heyday. This? Not a chance. I'm just checking here to see if he's still in it, and I've learned that it's all over and he didn't win.

At first I just dismissed this. Hancock is a twat, these shows are just candyfloss nonsense that I have zero interest in. Even the notion of rehabilitating this prick wasn't despately enraging given how they operate anyway.

But the lockdowns were only 2 years ago. Covid is still with us. The pandemic is not over at all. There are still, quite obviously, many issues, and people are still dying. Here and abroad.

For this scumcunt to even consider appearing on this, given that and while sitting as an MP, demonstrates a level of narcissism and self centredness that broders on psychotic. How can this possibly be considered acceptable? Maybe you could understand it if sufficient time had elapsed, I mean could you? But not while all this is still active and lockdowns were still so recent. Mind boggling levels of Tory selfishness

Was Big Brother the one where they had hours of dark screens because people were in bed and asleep?
Then you could simply turn off. In general the night feeds were the best, because you'd get in from a night out, and perhaps chance upon a lively conversation happening. Some would be muted for legal issues, but not all of it. Perfect for a pre bedtime joint or two. I remember the Jade Goody year with particular fondness. It was an enjoyable, carefree, sociable summer for me personally whereas the following one was fraught with unenjoyable dramas of my own making.

At first I just dismissed this. Hancock is a twat, these shows are just candyfloss nonsense that I have zero interest in. Even the notion of rehabilitating this prick wasn't despately enraging given how they operate anyway.

But the lockdowns were only 2 years ago. Covid is still with us. The pandemic is not over at all. There are still, quite obviously, many issues, and people are still dying. Here and abroad.

For this scumcunt to even consider appearing on this, given that and while sitting as an MP, demonstrates a level of narcissism and self centredness that broders on psychotic. How can this possibly be considered acceptable? Maybe you could understand it if sufficient time had elapsed, I mean could you? But not while all this is still active and lockdowns were still so recent. Mind boggling levels of Tory selfishness
look at this the other way round. while he was on television on this show he was doing less harm than he would have been in the house of commons. everyone knew where he was. in fact all mps ought to be under 24 hour surveillance accessible to the public because we well know what nefarious activities they get up to when the public eye is not on them. if they've got nothing to hide they've nothing to fear.

oh: and didn't it say in one of the papers that many votes for hancock to remain in the show came from his own constituency?

He came across as a really odd character. No interest at all in anyone else - just talked about himself. He did the trials very efficiently and with no fear or emotion. False laughter when other people were laughing. Just ....... weird.
Oh well, onwards to Strictly it is then.

Maybe after a summer special 'Cooking with Food Bank Ingredients, hosted by Matt Hancock'.

I’m not sure why people keep saying there’s a chance he'll be “rehabilitated”.

Nadine Dories did I’m A Celeb while a sitting MP. She was really thick and was first out. George Galloway was in Celebrity Big Brother while a sitting MP. He impersonated a cat. It didn’t do either of them any good in the credibility stakes.

I’m not sure why people keep saying there’s a chance he'll be “rehabilitated”.

Nadine Dories did I’m A Celeb while a sitting MP. She was really thick and was first out. George Galloway was in Celebrity Big Brother while a sitting MP. He impersonated a cat. It didn’t do either of them any good in the credibility stakes.
I'd question that credibility is what either of them were looking for out of it. Would Galloway have got the RT job without having a public profile in the first place? Would Dorries have made the cabinet at all if she hadn't had a media profile to use to back Johnson?

I'd question that credibility is what either of them were looking for out of it. Would Galloway have got the RT job without having a public profile in the first place? Would Dorries have made the cabinet at all if she hadn't had a media profile to use to back Johnson?
This is the RUC's presss release:

"From press@respectcoalition.org:

EMBARGOED UNTIL 2230 5.1.06

GEORGE GALLOWAYTAKES ON BIG BROTHER.

RESPECT MP GEORGE GALLOWAY HAS ENTERED C4'S CELEBRITY BIG BROTHER HOUSE.

POLITICIAN GG, FOUNDER OF THE RESPECT COALITION AND PROMINENT ANTI WAR LEADER IS LOOKINGFORWARD TO THIS NEW CHALENGE. 'iT'S GOOD FOR POLITICS' SAYS gg 'I BELIEVE THAT POLITICIANS SHOULDUSE EVERY OPPORTUNITY TO COMMUNICATE WITH PEOPLE. I'M A GREAT BELIVER IN THE DEMOCRATIC PROCESS. BB IS WATCHED BY MILLIONS. MORE YOUNG PEOPLE VOTE DURING BBTHAN IN THE GENERAL ELECTION! I HOPE THEY'LL VOTE FOR ME OVER THE NEXT FEW WEEKS.

GG WILL BE RAISING MONEY FOR THE BRITISH BASED CHARITY INTERPAL WHILE IN THE HOUSE."

You make a fair point. The answer to your rhetorical question is I don’t know. Galloway certainly had a profile already. He’s always been a self publicist. I’d known of him since the 80s.

Dorries? Don’t know. I’d heard of her before the jungle stint. But only as an embarrassing thicky.

Big Brother's back this summer :D

I agree the night-time live streaming is the best. They ply them with booze all day and night and then let chaos ensue. No booze on I'm a celeb.

Yes, he's not coming across as likeable from what I've seen. But not necessarily unlikeable. He's just... nothing. Empty. There's nothing there. How a big charming personality like Walsh could get on so well with him for weeks is a mystery. On his exit interview he did claim Hancock is 'lovely'. Which is baffling.
How a big charming personality like Walsh could get on so well with him for weeks is a mystery. 🤣.
Walsh is a dickhead, cheated on his girlfriend and abused his previous girlfriend. He's as bad as floppy cock trying to get back in to the limelight after acting liking a cunt. Fuck them both.

Back
Top Bottom