Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Home Office and UK government policy concerning asylum seekers/Rwanda deportations

you be surprised the real airlines that lease their aircraft rather than own them

Russian managed to run off with a shite load of irish owned planes due to Aeroflot banning from the EU airspace
Indeed. Many ( most?) airlines lease their ac rather than buy them.

Reactions: Ax^
Stop Deportations on twitter 9.47 PM:

BREAKING: the Court of Appeal has just granted injunctions in 3 more cases. Which means 3 more people off the flight to Rwanda.
We THINK this might mean everyone is off the flight but we are waiting for confirmation as to whether there are other cases ongoing.

Let's hope. 🤞

They were just showing the place where people would be staying in Rwanda, didn't say how big it was but there were 260 odd people today who came over by boat. So, where are the rest going to be? This is something that involves thousands of people every year. They're not all going to be staying in one complex?

2_National-Police-Memorial-Day-Service.jpg

:D

i've hear storys from guards at the detention centre they remane it to Colnbrook IRC due to the reputation of Harmondsworth IRC

look bad for the private company running it.

riots and suicides and thats before then get to Rwanda

I wonder if Bojo the clown and Patel aimed at this ending all along? So now they can get a front page in the Express and Mail along the lines of "Europe *stops plucky Brits deporting scary darkies "?

* (obvs they won't mention the ECHR is nothing to do with the EU)

fail head line atm, odd it not that postive towards patel even for the fail :D
Perhaps they are currently supporting Govey Gove in the snake pit fight at the moment?

Reactions: Ax^
maybe just weaken enough by the last few weeks not to get immediate support from anyone below the daily express on the flag shagging level

:hmm:

Last edited:
I will admit week from the great flag shagging/ jubilie weekend

the idea that the Conservative and Unionist Party, is kicking off at not only the church of england and the future king

is amusing me quite a bit more so when the pandering was rejected by the DUP orange men

Long time since i remember waking up to see good news headlines :).

Also realised last night, i know somebody who used to work as a lawyer for the home office, she was desperate to leave for ages before she did a few months ago, said this lot had created the most toxic and dysfunctional work environment she'd ever been in.
Bet she's not the only lawyer who has buggered off leaving the government seriously out-lawyered by pretty much anyone who wants to take them on.

Nope. Even Russia is signatory to the ECHR I think. It's been on the tories' radar for a while but realistically deals with the EU are likely to be contingent on our continued membership.

Russia is no longer a member of the Council of Europe, they had been suspended after invading Ukraine, they started the withdrawal procedure to leave at the end of this year, but on the same day the Council immediately terminated their membership, ensuring they were kicked out rather than left voluntarily.

They have denounced the ECHR, and reintroduced the death penalty as a result.

IIRC the only other European states that are not members of the CoE are Kazakhstan and Belarus, despite whatever bluster Johnson & Co, come out with, I very much doubt the UK would join those three countries outside the tent.

ETA, oh, plus the Vatican City. :hmm:

Nearly all countries with territory in Europe have acceded to the Council of Europe, with the exceptions of Belarus, Kazakhstan, Russia and Vatican City, as well as states with limited recognition.

Last edited:
you be surprised the real airlines that lease their aircraft rather than own them

Russian managed to run off with a shite load of irish owned planes due to Aeroflot banning from the EU airspace

Yeah I'd heard about that. And it's less 'Irish owned' than 'owned by companies based out of Ireland for tax reasons'.

Haven't kept up with the aviation stuff in Russia though. They can kidnap planes but if they can't maintain them or get parts they won't stay up for long.

Back
Top Bottom