Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Home Office and UK government policy concerning asylum seekers/Rwanda deportations

I saw some tweets saying maybe the plan is to keep the headbangers and racist core by saying stop the boats and then when they can't because of the echr, they can still get the loons stirred up by saying they will get rid of echr in the UK.

But why does this rhetoric work?
What buttons is the Fail etc pressing that produce such obnoxious results?
The selfishness button, the racist button, the panic button?

3840.jpg

BUILD THE WALL

hmm well seeming as the cannot do Tax cuts as Liz truss tried that

only thing they have left to go into the next election is racist dogwhistles

and pretty much a ploy to get right of european human right court the moment it blows up in thier face

look at the news this more the "anti woke anti Cancel culture lot" seem to be going to town on a football presenter
even get his boss's to tow the government line

I saw some tweets saying maybe the plan is to keep the headbangers and racist core by saying stop the boats and then when they can't because of the echr, they can still get the loons stirred up by saying they will get rid of echr in the UK.
That’s the idea I think yep, start now and ramp it up for next couple of years.

If they actually make a real attempt to withdraw from echr I’m emigrating, just putting it here so i have to follow through boiled frog or not.

Reactions: Ax^
people will lap it up mind

the nasty party as always cost of living crisis that they cannot help with let's blame the immigrants that's the problem today

Legal analysis of the bill here, which says that in the detail lie the loopholes that could in effect render it toothless, but it is not a reassuring read.

They probably know that they’ll lose the election so are left trying to claw what they can of the voters who would otherwise go for the Reform Uk party. Stealing their thunder by aping / becoming them, same as they did with UKIP.

Screenshot 2023-03-08 at 09.22.28.png

:cool::(

That’s the idea I think yep, start now and ramp it up for next couple of years.
I think that's the outcome, but I really don't believe they are smart enough to operate that way. I think they genuinely believe this is a good idea and that the details are for their underlings to work out. I could be wrong. I also think Braverman is genuinely delusional. I don't want to be all gaslighty but I really think there's something not right with her. Who says "I dream of planes to rwanda"? She talks such gibberish it's like a fantasy world in her head.

Best case scenario as far as I can see:
They ramp up Stop The Boats for a couple of years and they completely fail to stop the boats.
What happens then with the disappointed and angry voters they were trying to appeal to with this is that they’ll be easy pickings for for the rightest right wing thing that’s on offer by then in our increasingly shitty political landscape.

So long term real world impact even if policy is just theatre guaranteed to fail. That’s best outcome isn’t it.

As a sidenote on language this is an article from 2001 (not a typo) regarding the change from using 'refugee' to using 'asylum seeker'.

I note at the end they say this. Not sure that's worked as well as they hoped.

The linguistic solution is perhaps to phase out both "asylum seeker" and "illegal immigrant", and use only "refugee" and "migrant".

I guess even 'asylum seeker' is too sympathetic now for these tory cunts.

As a sidenote on language this is an article from 2001 (not a typo) regarding the change from using 'refugee' to using 'asylum seeker'.

I note at the end they say this. Not sure that's worked as well as they hoped.

The linguistic solution is perhaps to phase out both "asylum seeker" and "illegal immigrant", and use only "refugee" and "migrant".

I guess even 'asylum seeker' is too sympathetic now for these tory cunts.
They might feel the need to revive that old classic "aliens" .
I've posted it before but this is from daily mail in 1938, i think its important to remember that this stuff is not new.

Fqr5yBCXwAETEzh.png

It can hardly have escaped many people's attention that Gary Lineker has gotten a lot of stick and, to be fair, a lot of support for comparing the vermin's policies to Germany in the 1930's

This was criticism from possibly (or maybe not), an unexpected quarter:

It can hardly have escaped many people's attention that Gary Lineker has gotten a lot of stick and, to be fair, a lot of support for comparing the vermin's policies to Germany in the 1930's

This was criticism from possibly (or maybe not), an unexpected quarter:

I have to say, come the next general election, a lot of us who will have to tactically vote Labour to dispose of the stinking Tories are going to have to do so with our noses firmly held.

They’ve all wilfully misread what the footballer said, he just said the LANGUAGE used by braverman was reminiscent of that time (which it absolutely is) not her policies. Stupid distraction, useful to them.

eta, this is what he actually wrote:

"There is no huge influx. We take far fewer refugees than other major European countries. This is just an immeasurably cruel policy directed at the most vulnerable people in language that is not dissimilar to that used by Germany in the 30s"

its very considered, it's definitely not 'they are being hitler' but all day long the news is about the bloody footballer, absolute crock of shit. That he's being "spoken to" by the BBC about it is properly grim though, what's that about.

Last edited:
They’ve all wilfully misread what the footballer said, he just said the LANGUAGE used by braverman was reminiscent of that time (which it absolutely is) not her policies. Stupid distraction, useful to them.

eta, this is what he actually wrote:

"There is no huge influx. We take far fewer refugees than other major European countries. This is just an immeasurably cruel policy directed at the most vulnerable people in language that is not dissimilar to that used by Germany in the 30s"

its very considered, it's definitely not 'they are being hitler' but all day long the news is about the bloody footballer, absolute crock of shit. That he's being "spoken to" by the BBC about it is properly grim though, what's that about.
I am astonished how few people have picked up on this. IME you are the first person (apart from me) to notice this subtle distinction. Truly, we are damned.

Suella is a fucking disgrace to leave real lives in tatters, under her watch, just to shorten the gap on this ropey UN dodging waste of everyone's time.

I am astonished how few people have picked up on this. IME you are the first person (apart from me) to notice this subtle distinction. Truly, we are damned.
How dare you say the great british public are a bunch of idiots you out of touch bleeding heart elitist etc..
This is how the culture war works, i really don't think it was a genuine mistake how his words were twisted & "misunderstood".

The tories are furious because Lineker speaks to middle England. If someone like Alexei Sayle said this they wouldn't care because he's considered a lefty comedian anyway. But good old Lineker is a football hero and has reach among the tory constituency, it terrifies them that those people might be persuaded to see these nascent nazis for what they are.

And then, I wondered why Yvette Cooper would be cross - but I realised, of course Labour will keep these policies when they win so they don't want them labelled far right policies in the mainstream discourse. Everyone is shitting the bed - and Lineker has gone up in my estimation. I hope he quits his BBC gig in protest.

The tories are furious because Lineker speaks to middle England. If someone like Alexei Sayle said this they wouldn't care because he's considered a lefty comedian anyway. But good old Lineker is a football hero and has reach among the tory constituency, it terrifies them that those people might be persuaded to see these nascent nazis for what they are.

And then, I wondered why Yvette Cooper would be cross - but I realised, of course Labour will keep these policies when they win so they don't want them labelled far right policies in the mainstream discourse. Everyone is shitting the bed - and Lineker has gone up in my estimation. I hope he quits his BBC gig in protest.
Idk about the second bit I think labour has an idea about “the red wall voter” and are terrified of losing them again, so they’ll be fighting the election denying that they’re the Soft On Immigrants party. Don’t think they’ll keep this policy anyway cos its useless.

Back
Top Bottom