Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Home Office and UK government policy concerning asylum seekers/Rwanda deportations

I must of missed this news when was it announced, because it must of been kept quiet?
You have to google a bit to find anything out about the IECA (and there isn't very much tbh). Wrt to the change in the criteria for asylum seekers to claim support as victims of modern day slavery, you won't find anything and will just have to take my word for it, sorry.

E2a you can see why they have chosen to target this particular aspect from this tweet, but it is fucking inexcusable and I am very angry about it:

You have to google a bit to find anything out about the IECA (and there isn't very much tbh). Wrt to the change in the criteria for asylum seekers to claim support as victims of modern day slavery, you won't find anything and will just have to take my word for it, sorry.
Ah ok thank you

Is this woman actually making Priti fucking Patel seem likeable? And yes, I do believe it's a Tory policy to make offspring of immigrants Home Secretary to make all this slightly harder to condemn.

Not only that, but the cunts have come up with another one of their knuckle-dragger friendly 3 word phrases "Stop the boats" and copied and probably damaged in the process another one "enough is enough".

Another unworkable load of nonsense from the nightmare factory. With no return agreements the migrants that come, and the boats won't be stopped by her shaking her fist at the sea, will either be permanently detained in hotels or concentration camps or put in jail for breaking the law they've fashioned. I find it hard to believe that either they are this stupid or this calculating. I think they genuinely beleive their insane ideas, even while the rest of us look on with horror

I look forward to the banning of pretty much every major Instagram lifestyle influencer on that basis. I am a bit baffled by the "positive light" bit though, can we only show migrants crossing the Channel if we're mumbling "what a shower of bastards" over the top?
I predict a lot of testing of the boundaries, online... uk.gov is going to get trolled to fuck if they pass this into law.

Or just mass breaking of the law. A 21st century Kinder Scout mass trespass, maybe?

It’s propaganda, I am disappointed that every outlet so far is taking it seriously like it’s a real plan with a chance of actually happening, they should be ridiculed for lying to everyone & dressing up a piece of culture war electioneering as a bill.

It’s propaganda, I am disappointed that every outlet so far is taking it seriously like it’s a real plan with a chance of actually happening, it should be ridiculed
That is as may be but on the other hand it should be taken seriously because if they think they can actually get away with it, they will.

Another statement from an interested party:

That is as may be but on the other hand it should be taken seriously because if they think they can actually get away with it, they will.

Another statement from an interested party:

It’s right that they make serious statements condemning it obvs yes. But it has no chance of getting through into law imo, and then, if somehow it did, what next, they’d be hauled before international court whilst the news is either look at these (newly built? Where?) massive concentration camps or look how much of your tax money is going to house these thousands of illegal people whilst they wait to be deported to .. nowhere, cos they have no actual plan.

61% of small boat arrivees who apply for asylum get it. The piss-taking bastards.
I think the point is that they don't want that to carry on. If they criminalise any asylum seeker, I assume that their newly-criminal status automatically disbars them from making an asylum claim. If that isn't the plan now, it soon will be.

It’s propaganda, I am disappointed that every outlet so far is taking it seriously like it’s a real plan with a chance of actually happening, they should be ridiculed for lying to everyone & dressing up a piece of culture war electioneering as a bill.

TBF I think it is a very real plan, albeit we probably haven't seen all of it yet.

Putting aside the moral questions for a moment, this has zero chance of working as it is - there isn't the capacity to house these people securely, the staff to process them, the patrols and personnel to pick them up at sea or on landing or further inland. There is no indication in this bill (or in the associated spin) that there will be any of those things anytime soon. The only way it would ever work is by massively reducing the numbers coming by this route, which means establishing alternate means of seeking migration or asylum (ie: allowing applications from a third country with a good chance of success). Doing that would also remove nearly all of the legal force against these measures too, but if they announced that first (or simultaneously) they wouldn't get the culture war hit that they are seeking.

At a guess, I would expect some apparently sensible loyalist backbench Tory MP will propose some amendment or other allowing asylum applications from outside the country, in the name of fairness, British justice etc etc. The government will reluctantly accept this common-sense measure and will proceed to create an underfunded system that takes ages to make a decision.

I think the point is that they don't want that to carry on. If they criminalise any asylum seeker, I assume that their newly-criminal status automatically disbars them from making an asylum claim. If that isn't the plan now, it soon will be.
Well, quite. It's either that or it's a plan to be 'forced' to leave the EHCR. Another good wedge issue for the next election.

TBF I think it is a very real plan, albeit we probably haven't seen all of it yet.

Putting aside the moral questions for a moment, this has zero chance of working as it is - there isn't the capacity to house these people securely, the staff to process them, the patrols and personnel to pick them up at sea or on landing or further inland. There is no indication in this bill (or in the associated spin) that there will be any of those things anytime soon. The only way it would ever work is by massively reducing the numbers coming by this route, which means establishing alternate means of seeking migration or asylum (ie: allowing applications from a third country with a good chance of success). Doing that would also remove nearly all of the legal force against these measures too, but if they announced that first (or simultaneously) they wouldn't get the culture war hit that they are seeking.

At a guess, I would expect some apparently sensible loyalist backbench Tory MP will propose some amendment or other allowing asylum applications from outside the country, in the name of fairness, British justice etc etc. The government will reluctantly accept this common-sense measure and will proceed to create an underfunded system that takes ages to make a decision.
They know:

I think it's a real plan, but it's a plan to do virtually nothing. The headline is "stop the boats", but the smallprint is "do nothing to stop the boats, but call them illegal". Even according to the government, they will be creating exceptions in order to comply with the ECHR (and they know that if they don't do it, the courts will), which means that the overall asylum system will remain pretty unchanged. They may still hope to lock people up and/or send them to Rwanda, but that's not new.

Back
Top Bottom