Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Dominic Cummings file

I think it could be denying the police came round for a word while the police say that they did that could swing it (if anything does). That or stopping on the way there and putting people at risk.

its not going away. its such a blatant flouting of the rules, reeks of "one rules for us.." and a far more serious breach than that which ferguson and other got booted out for.

He was found in contempt of Parliament more than a year ago and that didn't do him any harm. The old norms of political behaviour would have had him resign for that alone, but what we've seen in the last few years is that they just don't apply, and the British constitution has no effective sanction against people breaking them. It's all based on the assumption people will behave like jolly good chaps, and if they don't there's nothing that can be done about it. BoJo (thinks he) needs Cummings, perhaps because he thinks he's brilliant or perhaps just because it's safer to have him inside the tent pissing out than vice versa. Breaking lockdown like this probably is going to cause more upset than sticking two fingers up at a select committee and from an image-management point of view it's more serious, but even so I can't see them doing anything other than brazening it out, although I'd love to be proved wrong. Perhaps then we'd find out just how important the 'career psychopath' actually is.

Last edited:
they haven't made "#dominiccummings" the trending tag for this story because he is often in the news and that hashtag could apply to any number of stories; whereas the tags they picked are specific to this story.

It is just how twitter works, it is not a conspiracy (obviously)

which part of the trending menu is that? got a link?

you're not just posting a normal search for a name, are you? Coz you'd have to be really fucking thick to be doing that in this context.
I'm doing the same searches you were. It's already been explained to you by others why you're not seeing whatever it is you insist you should be seeing.

If you still don't get it there's not much more to say really

its not going away. its such a blatant flouting of the rules, reeks of "one rules for us.." and a far more serious breach than that which ferguson and other got booted out for.
Its something that pretty much everyone in the country can relate to and be pissed off by. its shreds the governments already damaged credibility. mutterings in amongst tory mps will get louder as they get more shit from their constituents and it will dominate the weeks interviews.
it will come up everytime they talk about rules of lockdown.
im amazed they are trying to brazen it out - but then they have a tin ear for this shit - the foreign nhs staff surcharge is a case in point.
I reckon he will be gone within 48 hours.
May well go, but as others have said it will probably take another revelation about him lying to tip the balance. I think you are right there will be revulsion about this, not least that he was happy to infect his parents (or whoever the fuck he really visited). I just don't get a sense of how that revulsion is manifest and mobilised at the moment. I don't do much social media, but all those channels are still in place. Just doesn't feel like we are in a place where that usual combination of bad press, popular anger and opposition politicians add up to a campaign. But what a fucking dishonest hypocrite he is. As is Johnson.

Edit: Roadkill says it better on this page.

I reckon they might have to get rid of him. Even DM is shouting hypocrisy and they are supposed to love him for brexit.
Wasn’t he burbling on about making himself obsolete anyway sometime last year around that job advert bit ? He’s got health issues hasn’t he I seem to recall.

Do you reckon they drew straws for who did the briefing today? Or just picked the one nobody likes?

"I fucking announced £50 bike repair vouchers ffs! Someone ask me about them! I love bikes! Go on please."

Back
Top Bottom