Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Acolyte: A Star Wars Product

That's the guy who replaced Peter Mayhew.

It's set way before the Empire (about 500 years before the original trilogy) when the Jedi were at their height of influence and perhaps arrogance.

I somewhat look forward to it after learning it’s the brainchild of Leslye Headland (Russian Doll). However, more Jedi and more Force and lightsabers. Which is somewhat surprising because I’d have thought Disney had got the memo about what the popular appetite for future SW stories seems to be, based on both audiences and critical reviews of recent films and series about Space wizards and magic swords vs those featuring ordinary non-magical folk locked in a war struggle and with neither side being all-good or all-evil.

set away from the main story trilogy

so many won't get some many man child fans complaining about it not being the same star wars that they saw when they were six
so cannot be any good

could be interesting

set away from the main story trilogy

so many won't get some many man child fans complaining about it not being the same star wars that they saw when they were six
so cannot be any good

could be interesting
That wouldn’t be an issue for me at all. And I’ve read a brief summary that seems to hint at a murder mystery setup, which would be great.

Perhaps I was reading about another project by my early impression is that it was going to be centered around the life and times of Jedi Academy students- a bit like Cobra Kai in a galaxy far, far away. Which didn’t sound too appealing a concept to me, and far less so if it was going to feature a lot of Jedi younglings.

thought that was the one with Jude law lead skeleton crew that was based around 4 kids

but we shall see ..

murder mystery set up would be much more fun

Starts tomorrow I think.... i saw a poster on the bus so may have misread it.

Heres a billboardView attachment 427436

Out now apparently (first 2 ep's) :eek:

I had no idea. How did i miss that? :hmm:

Too late to watch it tonight now. Will resign up to disney+ though and watch tommorow.

ah think it start in the usa tonight

my Disney plus said Wednesdays

:hmm:

unless you got a vpn maybe

ah just a time zone thing drops the following day in the uk

all the star wars shows have been wednesday episode drops

ah think it start in the usa tonight

my Disney plus said Wednesdays

:hmm:

unless you got a vpn maybe
Wednesday starts in 17 minutes here FWIW. Though you rarely see episodes dropping at midnight…

Reactions: Ax^
It's interesting. The cast haven't really convinced me though
They have for me, at least as much if not more than other SW shows. Okay, excluding Andor and Mando because they are a cut above anything else. But more likeable and memorable than most cast members in Obi Wan or Ashoka.

Started ep 2 and so far I have noticed the main leads from His Dark Materials and Squid Game, and one of the supporting leads from
The Good Place.

They have for me, at least as much if not more than other SW shows. Okay, excluding Andor and Mando because they are a cut above anything else. But more likeable and memorable than most cast members in Obi Wan or Ashoka.

Started ep 2 and so far I have noticed the main leads from His Dark Materials and Squid Game, and one of the supporting leads from
The Good Place.
More likable than Obi Wan?

The cast in Andor just seemed half asleep, which is ironically how I felt trying to watch it.

The Good Place.
Ah. I thought i recognised the squid game actor but couldn't place him. I didn't recognise dafne kene from his dark materials but noticed her name on the credits.

Back
Top Bottom