Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Question of Sport 'Stops Production'?

I know we all like different stuff and my tastes are not that aligned with the mainstream a lot of the time, but who the fuck likes Paddy McGuinnes?
I mean, he must be popular judging by how much TV work he gets but fucking hell his insufferable
I think we've got Peter Kay to thank for launching his career. :(

Well it was him or Sue Barker, Cliff Richard's old flame. I like him though. Not enough to watch qos.
So sports type show and we're defining a sportswoman (and French Open winner) by her decades ago non-sport ex.

And then we're saying it's a toss-up between a sportswoman (who won the French Open) and some comedian (with no sporting credentials AFAIA) presenting a sport type show.

:thumbs:

He's reasonably: everyman/good-looking/banter-competent*/and actually a decent fella. People underplay light-entertainment talent.

Has Sue said she was pushed out?

*I can only apologise

He's reasonably: everyman/good-looking/banter-competent*/and actually a decent fella. People underplay light-entertainment talent.

*I can only apologise
There are plenty of light entertainment people that I quite like but Paddy McGuinnes, no

Reactions: Sue

*I can only apologise
Thing I'm not getting is why in the context of a sport show you're defining a sportswoman by her non-sportsman ex. Kinda weird, no?

I mean like I was crying all evening and came here and thought I was having a laugh....

Shit man. Out of luck again.

I haven’t seen this since I was a kid. There was something vaguely melancholic about the theme tune. I think it was on a boring Tuesday night or something and I wasn’t allowed to play computer games all night. So had to sit in the front room and watch shit telly with the family.

I know we all like different stuff and my tastes are not that aligned with the mainstream a lot of the time, but who the fuck likes Paddy McGuinnes?
I mean, he must be popular judging by how much TV work he gets but fucking hell his insufferable

Is an oafish gob shite. I thought he only got a gig in the media because he was that comedians mate, I forgot his name actually, garlic bread man.

Is an oafish gob shite. I thought he only got a gig in the media because he was that comedians mate, I forgot his name actually, garlic bread man.

That is his thing but he's shared with the public that he has two (iirc) austistic children and has recently split up with his wife.

I dunno, I think Paddy one of the good guys.

That is his thing but he's shared with the public that he has two (iirc) austistic children and has recently split up with his wife.

He’s boring and annoying. I’m not saying he’s evil or anything. light entertainment Saturday night stuff is dog shit anyway. once I was old enough to go out move away from home, do something else I never watch that shit again.

I didn't know they'd split up but am aware that he has spoken publicly about his kids (and Mrs) being autistic, that's tough and good he's spoken about it, he may well be a good person, but we're talking about his TV career and how he's perceived professionally by some here.

There was no need to go on the attack at a female poster talking about the issue of sexism +and ageism in the media.

Let's just be glad he didn't get Gladiators. Bradley Walsh has been over-looked by TV producers for too long now, and it's time he got his big break! :cool:

I didn't know they'd split up but am aware that he has spoken publicly about his kids (and Mrs) being autistic, that's tough and good he's spoken about it, he may well be a good person, but we're talking about his TV career and how he's perceived professionally by some here.

There was no need to go on the attack at a female poster talking about the issue of sexism +and ageism in the media.
Well I'm sorry that spoiled you and Sue's Urban Safari.

Why the fuck are you quoting me with nonsense. Because I disrespected Sue Barker? Yes it would seem so.

It was a fair point though. Sue Barker was an accomplished sports woman. Not just Cliff Richard’s old flame or whatever. That’s why she was on question of sport. For you know the tennis stuff. no need to get all antsy when it’s pointed out.

Back
Top Bottom