Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Question of Sport 'Stops Production'?

Sorry I'm not with you. I just quoted the last bit of your post and was agreeing with it.
In your quote the word "media" was changed to "memedia" and I wondered if it was on purpose, like, you thought I was being all "me me me" but I totally do stuff like that all the time by accident so no worries if it wasn't on purpose.

In your quote the word "media" was changed to "memedia" and I wondered if it was on purpose, like, you thought I was being all "me me me" but I totally do stuff like that all the time by accident so no worries if it wasn't on purpose.
I've got spasms in my hands and tapped into the quote box by accident. Could have been that, but certainly unintentional.

I've got spasms in my hands and tapped into the quote box by accident. Could have been that, but certainly unintentional.
No worries at all. Just felt the need to check.
Sorry about the spasms :(
I hope they ease soon

If the BBC can't afford to make something as cheap and tatty as Question of Sport things must be really dire.

I think they can afford it. They just can't afford having no viewers at peak time because they made and screened it.

Yes they can't be serious suggesting it's for funding reasons. What on earth could you do with the savings? Buy a new sofa for the One Show?
The BBC is broke. Two years of frozen licence fee in a period of high inflation, and now a below-inflation increase. Loads of things are going to end up being chopped.

The BBC is broke. Two years of frozen licence fee in a period of high inflation, and now a below-inflation increase. Loads of things are going to end up being chopped.
I know it's broke. But that seems likely to cause the production of more cheap filler TV, not cancelling it. Hence I think it's a useful excuse in this case.

Fuck off nob head. Anyway log in scrambled. Say what you like.

Idiot posts stupid shit, doubles down instead of apologising, gets into a pissed up row, then wakes up with hangover and flounces.

Oh no, what a terrible loss to the boards 😿

Oh. I should have known that. I'm from Dalton-in-Furness . . Barrow, was where we would go for a BIG day out. "Even chewyer than Barrow-in-Furness bus depot"
I lived in Dalton for a while. I’m guessing you weren’t out in Barrow on big nights out in the mid-80s when Emlyn’s brother would have reminded you of the barrow connection.

I lived in Dalton for a while. I’m guessing you weren’t out in Barrow on big nights out in the mid-80s when Emlyn’s brother would have reminded you of the barrow connection.
No. I left at 12.
Very small place obvioulsy. My Dad worked at Vickers Shipbuilding (I think) which closed or laid loads of people off or something.
Went to Green School, left before Dowdales. Lived to the very south on Leece Drive which is a drive now, but oddly a close when I lived on it.
I'd love to go back and visit, but don't drive and Britain trains cost silly money. It's £140 from london. Such a shame. I'd like to explore the country by train but even off peak advance tickets when nobody is traveling are insane. It's cheaper and quicker to fly abroad.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom