Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Suella Braverman's time is up.

It's her leadership pitch isn't it - her position is very deliberately going to be 'I'm the most right wing candidate here - vote for me if your priority is turning every culture war talking point up to 11.' God knows if they'll go for it, probably the membership would but don't know about the MPs, there'll be plenty of competition for that vote.

Her leadership bid for Reform. The vitriol against her from various MPs (and even more former MPs) is almost staggering. Far too sympathetic to the Faragists, which might go down well with the members, but makes you hated amongst the Big Bods. Her joining Reform is way more likely than her winning the leadership now.

Last edited:
The biggest disappointment of last week's election (not that there were many of those for me) is that Braverman was re-elected. It's an outrage that such a talentless, unqualified, inflammatory and utterly despicable individual was ever appointed to high office in the first place.

She will not become the next Tory leader, but only for the very worst of reasons: the same reason that the Tory membership preferred Liz Truss to Rishi Sunak.

The biggest disappointment of last week's election (not that there were many of those for me) is that Braverman was re-elected. It's an outrage that such a talentless, unqualified, inflammatory and utterly despicable individual was ever appointed to high office in the first place.

She will not become the next Tory leader, but only for the very worst of reasons: the same reason that the Tory membership preferred Liz Truss to Rishi Sunak.
the memberships preference, according to polling, is for Badenoch. Black tories are fine, as long as they are really really right wing.

has Trussticles told her there's money to be made in the US by banging on about the 'lunatic woke virus'? what a horrible woman.

Is there some context about 'children being mutilated in schools' that I'm not aware of? What's she on about?
It’s anti trans hysteria. “Mutilation” = trans rights.

The idea is that children are getting gender reassignment operations. Which they aren’t. But more than that, schools being supportive towards trans kids is also “pro mutilation”.

Is there some context about 'children being mutilated in schools' that I'm not aware of? What's she on about?
I think it is a misquote, according got the grauniad she said hospitals (all clearly around the trans question). Various other transphobes have gone after schools, anyone who supported social transitioning should be sacked/jailed, but that didnt appear to be in Bravermans speech.

I think it is a misquote, according got the grauniad she said hospitals (all clearly around the trans question). Various other transphobes have gone after schools, anyone who supported social transitioning should be sacked/jailed, but that didnt appear to be in Bravermans speech.
Thanks for the fact check.

ETA. That could be read as sarcasm. But I’m serious. We need accuracy.

the fact that some , if not many , but in no eans a clear majority , of schools follow the evidence base and support evidence based affirming care for Younfg People with Gender incongruence including such things as

a. respecting the names and pronouns people want to use
b. not have a Sex -based uniform policy
c. providing accessto evidence based adivce and support and
d. facilitating access to primary health care and secondary care referrals in line with their safeguarding duties

aah, so she said something completely incoherent, I am shocked!

"The Progress flag says to me, it says to me one monstrous thing: That I was a member of a government that presided over the mutilation of children in our hospitals and from our schools."
no Children recieve Gender affirming surgeries in the UK, theoretically it is possible for trans masc 17 years to have top surgery but practically it does not happen as GIDS did not engage wit hthe Surgicla pathways at all

ironically of course GOSH continues to mutilate Intersex children on demand

Back
Top Bottom