Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Suella Braverman's time is up.

Let's face it, demonstrations on a Saturday are an insult to Judaism, demonstrations on a Friday are an insult to Islam, and demonstrations on a Sunday are an insult to Christianity.
Why can't they march on a Monday?
so they're insults to religions but not to people.

there was talk about Bravermans husband this morning on this thread and wether the fact he was Jewish or not was relevant....seems it is pretty relevant tbh

"Part of the reason for her anger is that her husband, Rael, is Jewish. “The Jewish community is our community,” she said. “My husband is a proud Jew and Zionist.

“He’s lived in Israel. We have close family members who serve in the IDF. My children will be raised with a strong sense of Jewish values and their Jewish heritage. We enjoy Friday night dinners at our mother-in-law’s.

...hardly unpartisan

there was talk about Bravermans husband this morning on this thread and wether the fact he was Jewish or not was relevant....seems it is pretty relevant tbh

"Part of the reason for her anger is that her husband, Rael, is Jewish. “The Jewish community is our community,” she said. “My husband is a proud Jew and Zionist.

“He’s lived in Israel. We have close family members who serve in the IDF. My children will be raised with a strong sense of Jewish values and their Jewish heritage. We enjoy Friday night dinners at our mother-in-law’s.

...hardly unpartisan
yeh i think that very article was quoted so i am not sure what you think repetition improves

DISOWNS!!

No 10 disowns Suella Braverman article attacking police over protests​

The BBC has been told Downing Street had suggested major changes to Ms Braverman's Times article but not all of them had been applied when it was published.
The prime minister's spokesperson said Downing Street was "looking into what happened" - but they added Mr Sunak had full confidence in the home secretary.
The ministerial code says all major interviews and media appearances, both print and broadcast, should "be agreed with the No 10 Press Office".

...hardly unpartisan

tsk and there was everyone thinking braverman was a nice wet liberal. Now we can see how Jewish her in-laws are we know why she's so partisan! Her blatant islamophobia and disgust for poor people wasn't nearly enough to push her onto the Israeli side; I wonder if all the gammonati still standing with Israel have Jewish in-laws?

I'm not after a row, I just think this is a dodgy cul de sac best left to wither. Especially after seeing how eagerly le Dwyer leapt on it. Braverman doesn't need Jewish in-laws to explain why she's taking the stand she's taking. Dare I even say that even mentioning her Jewish in-laws as a reason she'd be partisan (despite all we've learned about her personal and political views up till now) at least resembles that old trope where we nudge each other and go eh look, (((the power behind the power))).

Yes, I dare. While we're swimming through these very very muddy waters, please let's try not come here again.

tsk and there was everyone thinking braverman was a nice wet liberal. Now we can see how Jewish her in-laws are we know why she's so partisan! Her blatant islamophobia and disgust for poor people wasn't nearly enough to push her onto the Israeli side; I wonder if all the gammonati still standing with Israel have Jewish in-laws?

I'm not after a row, I just think this is a dodgy cul de sac best left to wither. Especially after seeing how eagerly le Dwyer leapt on it. Braverman doesn't need Jewish in-laws to explain why she's taking the stand she's taking. Dare I even say that even mentioning her Jewish in-laws as a reason she'd be partisan (despite all we've learned about her personal and political views up till now) at least resembles that old trope where we nudge each other and go eh look, (((the power behind the power))).

Yes, I dare. While we're swimming through these very very muddy waters, please let's try not come here again.
The important words in the article are not that he is Jewish but that she brags to the Jewish Chronicle no less that he is a Zionist, quickly followed up with familial support for the IDF in her quote. This is utterly different to her husband being "Jewish" - meaningless on its own, and that's what I thought the conversation was about earlier. This quote on the other hand is laying out a very particular political position and allegiance.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom