Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Suella Braverman's time is up.

The beeb commentators seems to be indicating she's deliberately trying to get sacked. Not quite sure why? To be a martyr for the right?

Next party leader? Get in with Farage's Right in case he really does re-join and go for leadership post election? Or just a big cushy media job being racist on US TV.

Will Depraverman be ditched or will it be another case of 'its the hope that kills you'?

I dont like to guess but maybe the whole 'Sunak weakness' angle combined with the usual 'sensitivities' over policing will be enough to see her gone this time.
Although if he leaves her in post, she can be guaranteed to come out with more deranged, inflammatory rantings over the coming months.
Some of her fellow Tories are already distancing themselves from her - this can only be good in terms of weakening the Tories' chances of winning the next election as it indicates a divided party. Even if some maniac Bad Lieutenant party members agree with her, maybe the electorate as a whole won't be inclined to vote a party rent by deep divisions, and from today's Fail online: 'Tory civil war as MPs day Rishi Sunk must SACK Suella Braverman...' :D

Although if he leaves her in post, she can be guaranteed to come out with more deranged, inflammatory rantings over the coming months.
Some of her fellow Tories are already distancing themselves from her - this can only be good in terms of weakening the Tories' chances of winning the next election as it indicates a divided party. Even if some maniac Bad Lieutenant party members agree with her, maybe the electorate as a whole won't be inclined to vote a party rent by deep divisions, and from today's Fail online: 'Tory civil war as MPs day Rishi Sunk must SACK Suella Braverman...' :D
I shouldnt be complacent but I've long viewed the tories as a spent force electorally, and in this mostly 2 party system of ours the establishment and media are already shuffling in readiness for the power cycle to switch to Labour mode, with the tories enduring wilderness years for who knows how long.

And at that stage of the cycle of power the fucking Mail are only too happy to stoke tory civil war - they spent all of the Major years shit stirring such things, ranting about the betrayal of Thatcher and undermining the tory government.

maybe the electorate as a whole won't be inclined to vote a party rent by deep divisions,

The electorate as a whole aren't inclined to vote for ever further right Tory headbangers and culture warriors generally I don't think. Obviously there was an element of that last time but they can't push it that way forever - someone like Braverman isn't a vote winner.

You arent. He won't. She has a blank cheque it seems. He hasn't the guts or authority to do anything like this. If he had, he'd have sacked her by now. The longer he leaves it, the harder it will get. Assuming he even gives a shit at this point
He can't sack her until after the weekend anyway.

If there isn't serious aggro between the Palestine march and the fash/Cenotaph, then he might do because he has to look decisive and she is blatantly taking the piss out of him.

He can't sack her until after the weekend anyway.

If there isn't serious aggro between the Palestine march and the fash/Cenotaph, then he might do because he has to look decisive and she is blatantly taking the piss out of him.
Why wait til after the weekend marches she could resign of get the sack before that and replace her quickly?

Sunak at the point where he has to sack her and probably will after the article. But knowing full well the trouble she'll cause.

Trouble is I'm not sure the tory right are really focused enough to take up her cause. More worried about being outed as the next parliamentary rapist.

Ah, Michael Howard, a simpler time, a happier time..

Austerity aside, Theresa May was a pretty good Home Secretary. Tougher with policing culture issues than any of her successors, really pushed for VAWG and modern slavery to be taken seriously.

Braverman surely isn't daft enough to want to become leader in time to swallow the election loss to wet blanket Starmer? Positioning for after you'd guess.

Yes, against the likes of Badenoch, with more freedom to say and do mad and horrible things.

Was just looking at her wiki entry and found this gem

She is named after the character Sue Ellen Ewing from the American television soap opera Dallas, which her mother was a fan of, but Sue-Ellen was abbreviated to Suella by her primary school teachers.

• Wow
Reactions: Sue
I've read the words 'full confidence' from rishi. That usually means the heave ho is on its way
True, and often used in a football context too, esp. the PL.

Statement on Saturday evening after an ignominious defeat: “the chairman and the board have full confidence in the manager and we back him to achieve the club’s aims going forward”.

Sunday: manager hastily summoned to be told he’s getting the tin tack and to discuss his compo

Monday: “We thank X for his service to the club and wish him well in his future endeavours” 😄

Full confidence is a cliche since I was a kid but at this point it might genuinely just mean “I can’t be arsed and what you gonna do?”

The electorate as a whole aren't inclined to vote for ever further right Tory headbangers and culture warriors generally I don't think. Obviously there was an element of that last time but they can't push it that way forever - someone like Braverman isn't a vote winner.
The Tories' USP has always been 'they may be shits but they're economically competent shits', once the false veneer of economic competence goes then the electorate as a whole realises they don't actually like shits, so it seems politically incompetent to push further right. But given how worringly fash-adjacent 'the right' as whole is now, unsurprising.

Back
Top Bottom