Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Streatham news, rumours and general chat

I've not been in and seen any of the regulars I know since I spotted the notice. I put it out on Twitter and had a few people say they're gutted but also some people say its a good thing which has narked me somewhat.

I've not been in and seen any of the regulars I know since I spotted the notice. I put it out on Twitter and had a few people say they're gutted but also some people say its a good thing which has narked me somewhat.

Not surprised, I often hear plenty of people complaining about the pub...especially people that have never actually been in there :rolleyes:

Not surprised, I often hear plenty of people complaining about the pub...especially people that have never actually been in there :rolleyes:

I know plenty of people like that. Whoever runs the twitter for the Leigham Well said "as a real Streatham pub I say hooray". I hadn't realised the Tringham was an imaginary pub...

No doubt they have the financial clout to extend the lease it if they wanted to

Quite possibly. Depends if it needs a lot doing to it - its forever leaking if there is heavy rain. The Crown and Sceptre needs something like £2mil spent on it to get it to a reasonable standard which is why they're looking to sell it.

Quite possibly. Depends if it needs a lot doing to it - its forever leaking if there is heavy rain. The Crown and Sceptre needs something like £2mil spent on it to get it to a reasonable standard which is why they're looking to sell it.

It's a real shame about the Crown and Spectre at the top of Streatham Hill. I have always had a soft spot for that pub. I am by no means a regular, but do pop in from time to time. It's a great pub to go to when the weather is nice, I popped in there on Saturday. Always a good mixed crowd in there.

Streatham Space Project have announced their opening season WHAT's ON CALENDAR

I am quite looking forward to checking this place out. I like that it is a truly independent arts space and that they seem to be making a concerted effort to put on local talent.

From the pics I have seen on Instagram, it looks like a really nice space too.

It will be interesting to see how varied their programme is once they get fully up and running.

I am quite looking forward to checking this place out. I like that it is a truly independent arts space and that they seem to be making a concerted effort to put on local talent.

It will be interesting to see how varied their programme is once they get fully up and running.
I'll start listing them in the Lambeth Weekender too.,

Having chipped in the princely sum of £50 as a Crowdfunder for two free tickets and a tin badge, I was invited to last night's party.

It is looking pretty good now that the fit out is almost complete. The main "black box" theatre space is ready to host most kinds of event, and the studio space opening onto the bar and foyer looks flexible for music gigs - it might need a bit of fine tuning of the acoustics through a bit of extra wood and soft furnishing.

KH-MUZZED-STABBING-e1528542096364.jpg

Three people have now been charged in connection with the stabbing of a 16-year-old boy who was taken to hospital after reports of a fight on Amesbury Avenue, Streatham, at about 4.30 p.m. on Friday.

The three who were arrested by police on Friday afternnon on suspicion of attempted murder now face lesser charges and are due to appear at Camberwell Green Magistrates' Court tomorrow.

Local resident Roland Gegbe, 18, of Amesbury Avenue; and Starr Peters-Macauley, 19, of no fixed abode; were charged with grievous bodily harm, while local resident Solomon Gegbe, 58, also of Amesbury Avenue, was charged with affray and possession of a pointed or bladed article.

All three will appear in court via custody.

The victim remains in hospital where his condition is no longer in a critical condition, the Metropolitan Police said.

My daughter goes to school in Streatham and says she knows of the people involved. She thinks the boy who was stabbed was intervening to protect one of the girls??

KH-MUZZED-STABBING-e1528542096364.jpg

Three people have now been charged in connection with the stabbing of a 16-year-old boy who was taken to hospital after reports of a fight on Amesbury Avenue, Streatham, at about 4.30 p.m. on Friday.

The three who were arrested by police on Friday afternnon on suspicion of attempted murder now face lesser charges and are due to appear at Camberwell Green Magistrates' Court tomorrow.

Local resident Roland Gegbe, 18, of Amesbury Avenue; and Starr Peters-Macauley, 19, of no fixed abode; were charged with grievous bodily harm, while local resident Solomon Gegbe, 58, also of Amesbury Avenue, was charged with affray and possession of a pointed or bladed article.

All three will appear in court via custody.

The victim remains in hospital where his condition is no longer in a critical condition, the Metropolitan Police said.
That's a shocking image.

That's a shocking image.
Shit! I hadn’t noticed the knife until you highlighted it. It’s a significant blade. I hope they throw the fuckers in gaol. I’m not sure how the older guy with the same surname has got involved. Has he taken the knife away to protect a son?

My daughter goes to school in Streatham and says she knows of the people involved. She thinks the boy who was stabbed was intervening to protect one of the girls??

Yeah my eldest daughter knows of the boy via a friend.

Back
Top Bottom