Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Stephen Lawrence murder trial begins at Old Bailey

The Mirror claims that there may now be further re-investigations into:

...the racist murder of teenager Rolan Adams – who was stabbed to death in February 1991, two miles from where Stephen died – the racist stabbing of Asian restaurant worker Gurdeep Bhangal and the attempted murder of white youth Stacey Benefield.

with this lot in the frame.

Of note is that Sergeant Crowley from Plumstead nick - the one who verballed Duwayne Brooks, claiming that Brooks had 'admitted' to him that he had not seen the faces of the killers of Stephen Lawrence whilst en route to Southwark ID suite - was also working the Adams inquiry. Crowley was subsequently accused of "undermining the credibility of Nathan Adams, the principal prosecution witness, surviving victim and brother of Rolan Adams" during that investigation.

http://www.chronicleworld.org/archive/lawrence/sli-22.htm

Ah, it was Rohit Dugal I was thinking of. That killing was also on Well Hall Rd iirc, very close to where Lawrence was murdered.

A bit up the road I think yeah. There was a march through Eltham in his memory that could have ended up as a disaster and major victory of the far-right were it not for some rather selfless and quick thinking & actions by numerous folk.

A bit up the road I think yeah. There was a march through Eltham in his memory that could have ended up as a disaster and major victory of the far-right were it not for some rather selfless and quick thinking & actions by numerous folk.
Expand?

The march walked into hundreds of BNP/C18/B&H types with the support of a fair number of locals. It was totally unstewarded and unprepared for such an eventuality. Numerous people got organised into stewards groups, defended the march flagged down buses and got people out of the area before it became a disaster.

when was this please fed?
i'm presuming you are not on about the march that was supposed to go to the bookshop or the time a meeting was attacked in the library in welling?

The march walked into hundreds of BNP/C18/B&H types with the support of a fair number of locals. It was totally unstewarded and unprepared for such an eventuality. Numerous people got organised into stewards groups, defended the march flagged down buses and got people out of the area before it became a disaster.
Thanks. :)

when was this please fed?
i'm presuming you are not on about the march that was supposed to go to the bookshop or the time a meeting was attacked in the library in welling?

Late 1992, nah it was neither the October 1993 march or the attack on the library meeting in 1990. The Rohit Duggal was the 'catalyst' in many ways for a direct pop at the bookshop. The march on May 8th 1993 got to the bookshop and had a go and was well stewarded and well defended. The fash didn't have it their way that time, neither did the police.

Is this the march organised by the Rohit Duggal Family Campaign in November 1992, from which SWP/ARA types were excluded following the Lee Jasper hijacking of the Rolan Adams campaign (Beating The Fascists pp223-5)?

Is this the march organised by the Rohit Duggal Family Campaign in November 1992, from which SWP/ARA types were excluded following the Lee Jasper hijacking of the Rolan Adams campaign (Beating The Fascists pp223-5)?

Yeah that'd be the one I think.

sounds a bit like the national black caucus bermondsey debacle

As someone who hasn't been following this story at all - are people generally satisfied it was these two guys that did it?

Back
Top Bottom