Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Stephen Lawrence murder trial begins at Old Bailey

It's tangled.
Basically, what West Midlands Serious Crime Squad were to violence, South-east Regional Crime Squad were to corruption. While Norris's dad was never caught handing wedges of soiled fivers to coppers, he certainly had associations with coppers from SERCS, as well as with local plod. Associations good enough that he had an uncanny ability to predict when his assets were going to be raided, etc, and associations that would have stood him in good stead for a blind eye to be turned to the indiscretions of his son's little posse. How deeply these associations influenced the original Lawrence investigations, and how much was down to shoddy work and institutionally racist practices by the coppers, we'll never know. What we do know is that between those two factors, justice was denied for nearly 20 years.
This crime squad were based in East Dulwich nick at the end of Underhill Road which | lived on in the 90's. They were a fucking nightmare. I saw them beating a man in the Chinese over the road from the nick and then calling their uniformed brethren to nick him!

youve been warned
images
Ok I promise thats me out of here for a while....

......der der der der der der

This crime squad were based in East Dulwich nick at the end of Underhill Road which | lived on in the 90's. They were a fucking nightmare. I saw them beating a man in the Chinese over the road from the nick and then calling their uniformed brethren to nick him!
well the guy in the chinese takeaway shd have taken em to court to claim compensation - a cop suey as it shd be known! (feck, bignose's 'humour' has got to me!!!)

cheers panda! is there a defnitive book on this - not a morton/gangland type thing tho!

Unfortunately nothing definitive. Like I said on the Daniel Morgan thread last year, a lot of it is stuff picked up from reading various articles over the last 25 or so years, from experiencing policing in that area as opposed to policing in SW London, and from talking to mates and acquaintances who got on the wrong side of the SERCS (in one case, because the bloke beat an SERCS copper in a burn up on their respective Suzuki Katanas :facepalm: ). There's books that touch on the various bits and pieces, but nothing definitive as yet.

maybe not for long ! theres bound to be a hack version as the story now has some sort of 'closure' ending. tho obviously theres a couple more to nick!

On the subject of Daniel Morgan, I'm near certain that Clifford Norris was part of that same ring of corrupt plod, informers and gangsters in SE London, that Jonathan Rees was part of, and Morgan probably signed his death warrant by finding out about and confronting Rees over it.

On the subject of Daniel Morgan, I'm near certain that Clifford Norris was part of that same ring of corrupt plod, informers and gangsters in SE London, that Jonathan Rees was part of, and Morgan probably signed his death warrant by finding out about and confronting Rees over it.

Is there a a website, or other place, where the subject of Daniel Morgan can be easily read up on?

Is there a a website, or other place, where the subject of Daniel Morgan can be easily read up on?

These old articles might help.

Murder trial collapse exposes News of the World links to police corruption
http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2011/mar/11/news-of-the-world-police-corruption?INTCMP=SRCH

Daniel Morgan Murder Time Line
http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2011/mar/11/daniel-morgan-axe-murder-case-timeline

And also found this WRT thread.

Lawrence case 'corruption' probe
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/5214644.stm

panda, so norris's dad, who is 'a bit naughty' (copyright D. Dyer) was paying cops off to supress evidence against his wee boy then?

theres stuff like this mentioned in a few geezer books i read years ago, can't remember which ones though...corruption was rife down that neck of the woods

Probably not them grassing, but there'll be plenty of folk happy to talk now these two are safely away for a long, long time.
Did'nt loads of people call the OB after the murder fingering these guys? Imagine theres lots of people in the area who'd be happy to see the lot of them banged up.The Acourts and their little gang seem the sort of swaggering cunts who liked to throw their weight around what they laughingly call their 'manor', making life miserable for people.Squeaky bumtime for the Acourts and Knight.

Including some left under the wipers of plod cars.

Inteligence yes, but not evidence. Sadly often the case that people will gladly tell the police who did it, but wont do it formally (perhaps understandable) or back up the statement with facts, evidence etc......

Back
Top Bottom