Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Stephen Lawrence murder trial begins at Old Bailey

I can't see them getting out after their allotted time. They'll stay a pair of embittered racists 'In Denial Of Murder'. I can't see a damascene moment of repentance.
frankly i'll be surprised if we don't read of them being attacked in side, like happened to ian huntley

Suggest to me the non-norris accused were as scared of the consequences of dropping Norris junior in it as anything else.

That is pretty much the vibe that's done the rounds over the last 2 decades. Tie into that some of the OB and ex OB wanting the case to go away, and Dobson (often viewed as the gang's Ygor character) being desperate to stop the whole house of cards collapsing (with the consequences that might have for his own family from the OB and from Norris associates) almost logically follows.

Wonder if they offered them anything in return for squealing on the other three?

Given the dynamics of that little group, I'm not sure, now that Norris has been convicted, that inducements would be necessary. I reckon that if Norris and Dobson lose their appeal (and they almost certainly will appeal), then there's going to be a flow of new information hitting the investigation, either from people who no longer have to worry about the malign influence of the Norris family and their paid men in the OB, or from Knight and the Acourt Bros trying to save their own arses.

based on...

There were several corrospondents on radio news this morning describing this is how the sentensing would be imposed. A minimum of 12 years as juvaenile offenders. This also excluding the CJA 2003 amendments regarding racially motivated murder. (It could have been 25 years as a starter if this murder had been committed by adults after 2003.)

That was my understanding anyway FWIW.

I reckon that dynamic is going to change, though, just like it did for Norris's esrtwhile contemporary Kenny Noye.
It's a definite possibility - prior to the convictions people were still going to be very very wary, maybe not so much now. The again, if you open your mouth and you're inside it could be argued that you're now a target in a very confined space...that said, i don't know how much clout Norris and associates have now, inside or out.

Care to explain why you doubt it, oh gnomic one?
Noye was a feared and disliked criminal who was hated by very many people who knew him well - plenty would have been very happy to grass him up, if they had proof and could do it anonymously. He was a cunt to pretty well everyone.

This other lot will likely be a self styled 'band of brothers' gang with loyalty and hatred of authority being integral to their relationships. They are each 'one of your own' in south London vernacular. They've also had two decades to prepare for this.

It's a definite possibility - prior to the convictions people were still going to be very very wary, maybe not so much now. The again, if you open your mouth and you're inside it could be argued that you're now a target in a very confined space...that said, i don't know how much clout Norris and associates have now, inside or out.

As said earlier, a lot of Norris Jr's "influence" resided in his father's reputation and contacts (including in the OB) at the time of the murder. While there are (as mentioned w/r/t the Daniel Morgan murder thread) still some of those same coppers around, they're not in the same position to exert influence now, whatever Norris Sr. might have on them, as they were back then.

Noye was a feared and disliked criminal who was hated by very many people who knew him well - plenty would have been very happy to grass him up, if they had proof and could do it anonymously. He was a cunt to pretty well everyone.

This other lot will likely be a self styled 'band of brothers' gang with loyalty and hatred of authority being integral to their relationships. They are each 'one of your own' in south London vernacular. They've also had two decades to prepare for this.
so what you mean isn't 'noye is no kind of example' but 'noye is a bad example'.

Back
Top Bottom