Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Spurs v Lazio Violence last night.

There's a recurring theme that people are missing, whilst the cunts who did it deserve a doing/pokey, don't go in 'large'/noticeable groups to well know tourist spots the night before a Euro game in Rome.

Yeah right, perhaps the Spurs contingent should have popped out in pairs for a nice Prawn sandwich? A huge part of any away or travel-to game is the banter and friendship found in a group of like minded fans.

There's a recurring theme that people are missing, whilst the cunts who did it deserve a doing/pokey, don't go in 'large'/noticeable groups to well know tourist spots the night before a Euro game in Rome.
or Naples or Milan.
I wouldn't take my kids to an away game in Italy.

Yeah right, perhaps the Spurs contingent should have popped out in pairs for a nice Prawn sandwich? A huge part of any away or travel-to game is the banter and friendship found in a group of like minded fans.
Which is wonderful but not the order of the day in Rome, Naples, Milan, etc

There's far to much bad blood between English fans and Italian Ultras. It's not right of course but I think you have to be extremely daft if you don't have your wits about you when travelling to Italy. I almost went to the Napoli game a couple of years back but couldn't get the time off work. I'm fucking glad I missed it. Two mates of mine who had their kids with them at the time were being chased by Ultras trying to stab them in front of their kids.

They even arrived early at the game at Anfield and started steaming into random people around the ground.

They don't arrange a meet with some fellow hools and have a marquis of Queensbury dust up these cunts. They find a large group of unsuspecting fans and fuck them over good and proper.

The good news is they've sent Gazza over to try and calm things down:cool:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20419354

images

images

Not good. But why the arse?

Is it for practical reasons, or is it symbolic? Or maybe Freudian?

Someone once told me it was to do with being such a good knife fighter than you can stab your opponent in the place that is hardest to reach and leaves you most vulnerable.

It was never explained how this applies when the attacker is the only one aware a fight is to happen, and they are then whisked away by moped before any retaliation can be forthcoming.

You can do that is other parts of the city. Whether you like it or not the pattern is there, loud lairy fans in popular tourist areas the night before the game = trouble. You're not in Kansas any more Toto....

Someone once told me it was to do with being such a good knife fighter than you can stab your opponent in the place that is hardest to reach and leaves you most vulnerable.

It was never explained how this applies when the attacker is the only one aware a fight is to happen, and they are then whisked away by moped before any retaliation can be forthcoming.

I can see it would be hard to stab someone in the jacksie if they were trying to stab you as well, but my understanding is that most of the victims were blindsided and not even aware they were being attacked. In which case, it's about as cowardly as you can get. Not that gutlessness is my core objection, but surely it's a bit self-defeating?

I can see it would be hard to stab someone in the jacksie if they were trying to stab you as well, but my understanding is that most of the victims were blindsided and not even aware they were being attacked. In which case, it's about as cowardly as you can get. Not that gutlessness is my core objection, but surely it's a bit self-defeating?

These people are 30 and live with their mothers.

You can do that is other parts of the city. Whether you like it or not the pattern is there, loud lairy fans in popular tourist areas the night before the game = trouble. You're not in Kansas any more Toto....

I'm not sure apportioning some element of blame to victims for being stabbed - which is how your post reads, btw - is entirely helpful.

Yeah, that's what I was getting at with the second para. Cowardly in the extreme.

Isn't that what Roman's do then?

Innit, otherwise you'll get opened up like a tin of chopped tomatos.

:D

I did sort of refactor your post

In my defence I've only had three hours sleep. Took me about five minutes just to figure out what refactor meant :facepalm: @ self.

Anyway, what you doing over this side of the boards? Rugby thread is thataway ------->

Is there any report of the fans being 'loud and lairy'?

Reports i've read were the bar was stormed by a tooled up organised gang on mopeds

If your not safe in a large group in a well known tourist spot, where the hell are you? A small group in a bar in an unfamiliar part of town? Yeah right!

Lazio ultras have now denied all involvement apparently, so it's more than likely to be those fash Roma supporters instead.

If your not safe in a large group in a well known tourist spot, where the hell are you? A small group in a bar in an unfamiliar part of town? Yeah right!

As it goes at night it's not that safe and this has been pointed out by police before to travelling fans on numerous occasions.

The night before a european cup game? FFS, have a word, it's not that it's a good thing but it's real and it's a fact.

Is Campo De' Fiori a familiar part of town for these tourists then? There's plenty of places in ROme well away from where these people would be looking for them.

It's also worth noting that it is in the same very square that United got attacked in 2009, Boro in 2006, perhaps you think it's sensible to go to the same place.....

I'm not sure apportioning some element of blame to victims for being stabbed - which is how your post reads, btw - is entirely helpful.

I'm not apportioning blame, i;m simply pointing out, given that square has seen almost identical incidents, 3/4 times before, is not the best place to go.

Back
Top Bottom