Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Smug London snob slags off Brighton Pier for its lack of vibrancy

Don't know about them but claw machines, of which there are lots on the pier, are actually set so they only produce a strong grip 1 in 10 times. So no matter how good you are at positioning the claw, it will fail to keep hold of the prize nine times out of ten.

That this is a known practice and yet not deemed illegal is astonishing. Legalised fraud.

I always suspected it

Some funny comments and a great response by David Bunnan. Brighton's seafront does't actually belong only to Brightonians though, does it? Everyone's entitled to an opinion. I agree that most of the sea-front is pretty tired and tacky. In fact it's become a bit of a shit-hole, especially the Pier. Some bits could do with a spruce-up and replace some of the "penny" amusement arcades with something that appeals to more day-trippers.

Some funny comments and a great response by David Bunnan. Brighton's seafront does't actually belong only to Brightonians though, does it? Everyone's entitled to an opinion. I agree that most of the sea-front is pretty tired and tacky. In fact it's become a bit of a shit-hole, especially the Pier. Some bits could do with a spruce-up and replace some of the "penny" amusement arcades with something that appeals to more day-trippers.
Yeh more 'what the butler saw' machines

At times you can't move on the pier because of the crowds,it seems as popular as ever to me.

Oh look. Another one.

Piers are SUPPOSED to be tacky! :thumbs: Big ones, anyway - small ones should be rickety. :cool:

One of the marketing points for the i360 tower was that it would be a 'vertical' rather than a (boring old) 'horizontal' pier. There's probably a metaphor in there if anyone wants to grope for it.

What is the exact problem with psy-trance? Obviously out of tribal loyalty I hate it - but I'm not quite sure why.

God knows. They hog all the acid? Waste valuable time appropriating the wrong cultures? That ragga aint gonna sample itself!

;)

One of the marketing points for the i360 tower was that it would be a 'vertical' rather than a (boring old) 'horizontal' pier. There's probably a metaphor in there if anyone wants to grope for it.

A vertical pier? I can't really get my head round that. Oh, marketing people are just SO clever. :confused: :eek:

I've never met a Londoner in Leicester Square so I kinda see where he's coming from.

Bits of places locals stay away from because quite frankly they're for the tourists.

I once went into a working man's club in Blackpool. God knows how we ended up there. The initial wtf are these tourists doing in here looks from the locals were pretty scary.

They slowly became cool with us and it was a cracking night.

Although there were still looks from one person. The mother of the most beautiful girl in the whole of Blackpool.

It was basically a look that said I'm not happy about you dancing with her, try anything else and I'll snap your neck. She could have done it quite easily too. I have no doubt.

I think it was one of the best nights of her life for the girl herself.
I got the impression she never ever got to interact with males and we we're only getting away with it because we didn't know any better so could be forgiven (up to a point). A local asking to dance with her would have been shot. Not that anyone would dare asking.

I think it was one of the best nights of her life for the girl herself.
I got the impression she never ever got to interact with males and we we're only getting away with it because we didn't know any better so could be forgiven (up to a point). A local asking to dance with her would have been shot. Not that anyone would dare asking.

Gosh, what a lucky girl she was. :hmm: One of the best nights of her life? Good grief. :mad:

Gosh, what a lucky girl she was. :hmm: One of the best nights of her life? Good grief. :mad:
Up-to that point. I sincerely hope she's had better since.

I may be exaggerating somewhat but she was miserable as sin till we started talking to her and you could just tell she'd been body-guarded by this over protective mother her whole life which can't be any fun whatsoever.

I'm going out. Yes you are, down the club with me where I can keep an eye on you and let no one talk to you ever.

CLUE ROOM GAME - Lady Chastity's Reserve
Handmade Mysteries Ltd
6, 13, 19-20 May 13:00 6, 13, 20 May 14:20 6, 13, 20 May15:40 £20.50 [1hr]

Ages 18+Audience InteractionContains swearing
Show Description
Looking for something totally different?
Get down to Lady Chastity’s Reserve at the Black Lion Pub. This immersive experience challenges you and friends with an hour of hilarious clue solving as you attempt to win Chastity's fabled aphrodisiac wine.

Described as 'The Crystal Maze on crystal meth', this team game (for 2-6 players).
Will you solve the clues in time to discover the fabled wine?
Win and wet your whistle, or lose and wet your pants.

Full Details

this is the sort of shit the bloke spends a year organizing full time fairly sure his views on anything are worthless:mad:

Apparently the crystal maze nights are available in London now.

Was also surprised that escape room nights have made their way to Cardiff. Bloody prices in my opinion.

It looks HIDEOUS.

_65261737_redcarpier.jpg

So you're saying that things need to change because visitor numbers are falling?

Oh, wait...

The city is bucking the trend of seaside decline, recording a massive rise in holidaymakers despite the gloomy economic climate.

Brighton and Hove saw an 11% increase in overnight visitors between 2007 and 2011 – sending the number of tourists past the million mark.

This brought an extra £25 million to the economy and created an extra 2,500 tourist jobs.
Brighton and Hove tourism boom

Seems people quite like it as it is too:
All visitors were asked to rate the overall enjoyment of their visit to Brighton and Hove, the likelihood of them recommending Brighton and Hove to others and their likelihood of returning for a day trip/short stay. With an average score of 8.76, visitor’s overall enjoyment of their trip to Brighton & Hove was high. This aspect scored 8.45 in 2009. With nearly 9 out of 10 people likely to recommend the city to friends and relatives (8.96) and return themselves (8.89), the rate of referral and repeat visits was also very high
http://www.visitbrighton.com/dbimgs/Brighton and Hove Visitor Survey 2014 - Final Report.pdf

What is the exact problem with psy-trance? Obviously out of tribal loyalty I hate it - but I'm not quite sure why.
psytrance is like the biggest cock-tease in the world.
it builds and builds and builds, slowly, but surely. it gets you in the groove. you're rocking back and forth, chewing the insides of your cheeks in the proper fashion, and then you realise it's been sounding the same for the last 20 minutes. the beat has not kicked in. IT NEVER WILL. that little hint of something hard and fast is ALL THERE IS. do not be fooled. the little twinge and the little toe tap is all you get.

It doesn't even look like you can slide down the spirally bit on the outside (also a problem with the Olympic thing). I mean, what's the fucking point? It needs to be a proper helter skelter, and also have one of those near-vertical slides like they have in the funhouse at Barry Island. It won't be able to sell itself on panoramic views of the power station at Hartlepool alone.

Back
Top Bottom