Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Smug London snob slags off Brighton Pier for its lack of vibrancy

it's not like i put any real time or effort into it.

But why do it at all? Let's face it, you don't give a toss about my comment or me being slightly annoyed. I don't believe that you're sad enough to care about that, so why waste even a second on the slightly disturbing archive dredging? To win an argument? There is none. To prove me to be some sort of hypocrite? Why? How bored do you have to be to think that that's worth even the slightest bit of effort? It just makes you look a bit odd. I mean, it's impressive that you'd bother, in a strange way, but it's just so pointless.

But why do it at all? Let's face it, you don't give a toss about my comment or me being slightly annoyed. I don't believe that you're sad enough to care about that, so why waste even a second on the slightly disturbing archive dredging? To win an argument? There is none. To prove me to be some sort of hypocrite? Why? How bored do you have to be to think that that's worth even the slightest bit of effort? It just makes you look a bit odd. I mean, it's impressive that you'd bother, in a strange way, but it's just so pointless.
calm down dear, it's only urban

I am calm, I just find it odd.
of course you don't have to look north of the thames to find you having a pop at places thousands if not millions of normal people call home
Yes, those are certainly places I don't want to live, same goes for Plumstead. Can't be too definite though. I've lived SE all my life (with the massive parochialism that entails) and when it comes to places further out than Lewisham I just have a vague idea that it's all a bit like Croydon only with more racists so I'm open to correction if anyone can extoll their virtues.

And Belushi - realistically? £400. For the right place and a diet of beans and misery? £500.
this is from 2013, i hope that's ok with you

e2a: and i am very bored.

For those of us who aren't globetrotting jet-setters, what does London being "a second-rate New York" actually mean anyway?

Brighton's full of yogurt knitting smug cunts though. I think this guy's view isn't so extrodinary. Shoreditch by the shore.

Maybe we have more than our fair share, but we're not full...plenty of room for a psytrance aficionado such as yourself...but only if you knit your own drugs obviously.

Cheers - Louis MacNeice

Brighton's full of yogurt knitting smug cunts though. I think this guy's view isn't so extrodinary. Shoreditch by the shore.

The yoghurt weavers by were driven out some years ago. Totnes or Glastonbury if you want yer chakras re-aligned these days I'm afraid.

For those of us who aren't globetrotting jet-setters, what does London being "a second-rate New York" actually mean anyway?

It's similar to New York but the characteristics that define it are in greater evidence in its US counterpart. New York more multicultural (by most measures), more of a 24 hour metropolis, much bigger financial centre and so on. London is like a more boring NYC.

tbh there's still a few dug in on Muesli Mountain, but even those are being driven out by rowdy students :)
They needed more space to free-range after they bred. Which leads me to asking is referring to people with kids as 'breeders' a Brighton thing? I've come across this a couple of times and thought it might be a green thing

I know 3 psytrance artists in Brighton I'll see if we can build on it

Why? Because you don't like it? What I said was true. It was the mildest of jibes. Think Londoners can handle it. Especially the normal ones.

I'm not especially normal, but I am a Londoner, born in the boroughs and still resident.

There is nothing at all to be offended by. I love NYC, but there's more to it than "London is a shit New York" (oh yeah? Count our parks, motherfucker? And where's your history? Built over in the last 100 years, innit). But London and Londoners catch a lot of bigotted flack from people who like to apply a picture of the super rich twats to the more than 10% of Brits (many among he very poorest in the country) living here. There's a lot of offensive shit being spewed about London. Prejudice and smuggery. But saying its a shit NY *really* isn't it.

I think my less inflammatory way of putting it in a subsequent post hold some water though.

The things that London bases its modern image on tend to be diluted New York concepts.Multiculturalism, being a fast-paced metropolis, being the "world's greatest city".London takes its business cues and many of its trendy ideas from its transatlantic cousin and apes it to some extent.

London has a longer history, true. I think New York is fine for parks isn't it? There's not just Central Park.

I wasn't attacking normal Londoners. Not this time. Many of you are fine.

spanglechick

I was just trying to stick the boot into the guy who was so in love with where he lived to be honest.

We can all play the game he's playing with Brighton was my implicit point.

Listen, I'm very old and only slightly pissed. The whole point of Brighton is that it is incredibly classy, a bit dodgy, more than a tad camp, a bit Southend, a bit this, a bit that. I fell in love with all the architecture, the seediness, the archness and the arches, when I was 14. If you don't get it, you should live in one of the places you want it to be: be that Southend, Bournemouth or London, even. It is all these places and none of them. It's my first love.

Back
Top Bottom