Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Six Nations 2022

View attachment 308913
Found your optimometer earlier, mate. Looking a bit battered.

We've got too many injuries. Last year we played some great rugby but the title flattered us. We had some fortunate calls-we didn't win purely because of those calls-but if it wasn't for those red cards who knows? I cant see us winning one game this year apart from Italy.

If there's one glimmer of hope. We were a bag of wank against Ireland in 2013 opening match-but went on to win the title. Yes different team. Different management. I just wanted to give an example of a team playing bobbins in the opening weekend. Thats is as good as it gets this year for me.

On the plus side. England LOL

We've got too many injuries. Last year we played some great rugby but the title flattered us. We had some fortunate calls-we didn't win purely because of those calls-but if it wasn't for those red cards who knows? I cant see us winning one game this year apart from Italy.

If there's one glimmer of hope. We were a bag of wank against Ireland in 2013 opening match-but went on to win the title. Yes different team. Different management. I just wanted to give an example of a team playing bobbins in the opening weekend. Thats is as good as it gets this year for me.

On the plus side. England LOL
Thing is, I don't think the injured players being back would have altered the result one iota. The margin, maybe, but the result, no. We couldn't score against 15 last year either (also see Aus in the AIs). The problem is as much the coaching as it is the staff, imo

E2A: the injured players are for the most part also in the twilight of their careers. Look at England today and you'll see the shape of that side for years to come. All I see is the massive, yawning cliff below us and nobody to build a fence at the top

E2A: the injured players are for the most part also in the twilight of their careers. Look at England today and you'll see the shape of that side for years to come. All I see is the massive, yawning cliff below us and nobody to build a fence at the top

Also, the U20 game yesterday bodes well for England - and Scotland tbf. Scotland were in it for 60 minutes, yellow card killed it for them, England scoring twice during. Scotland showed a lot of grit to get the BP try with the clock in the red, fair play

Henry Arundell is fucking breathtaking. Creates space whenever he comes into the line, phenomenal acceleration on him. Made two tries, scored one from inside his own 22. One to watch.

Scotland win the battle of the names though, with Ollie Leatherbarrow. Also, scored two tries.

He is English mind ;)

Have to say, might be able to get behind England again before long. If Manu stays away and that twat Farrell, there'll be no-one in the side that I hate or am embarrassed by. Maybe next year.

Have to say, might be able to get behind England again before long. If Manu stays away and that twat Farrell, there'll be no-one in the side that I hate or am embarrassed by. Maybe next year.
Have to agree here. England far less dislikable than they were in years gone by. Most of your cuntiness is now concentrated at loosehead, with Genge and Marler still carrying the flag

Two cracking anthems. Think that might be the only challenge Italy pose today. Do not like the French white kit.

Reactions: Ax^
Who'd have thought that. I'm surprised they didn't check for off side though,,,

It's nailed on.
I needed some certainty in my life after this last couple of years. I can now definitively say that we're going to go through a pretty dark period. I can deal with that as I grew up thinking Welsh rugby is shit. That's still my default position no matter how hard Gats tried to disabuse us.

If/when Pivac is booted, I'd like to see Shaun offered the job, lock/stock. His own people, his own approach. He'd at least give us an identity, a philosophy. The hardest part of yesterday was the realisation that we had nothing. No direction, no clarity, nothing. I don't care how many injuries we have, we should be creating something, somewhere, at some point. It was like watching the Lions v SA - anti-rugby. From Wales anyway, not Ireland. Lots of looping dummy runs with passes out the back. It was choreography at its finest.

If we don't beat Sco, Pivac will be adrift. I can see him going at the end of the tourney.

I needed some certainty in my life after this last couple of years. I can now definitively say that we're going to go through a pretty dark period. I can deal with that as I grew up thinking Welsh rugby is shit. That's still my default position no matter how hard Gats tried to disabuse us.

If/when Pivac is booted, I'd like to see Shaun offered the job, lock/stock. His own people, his own approach. He'd at least give us an identity, a philosophy. The hardest part of yesterday was the realisation that we had nothing. No direction, no clarity, nothing. I don't care how many injuries we have, we should be creating something, somewhere, at some point. It was like watching the Lions v SA - anti-rugby. From Wales anyway, not Ireland. Lots of looping dummy runs with passes out the back. It was choreography at its finest.

If we don't beat Sco, Pivac will be adrift. I can see him going at the end of the tourney.
Great post and spot on. Judging by Italy's fighting performance in Paris finishing fifth is by no means assured for us

This is an age thing, I think. I'm just old enough that my first rugby memories of Wales are that they're great and not only that but they've been great for ages (kid-ages, ie more than about three years), so great that England never win in Cardiff, ever.

This has led to a different default position, and long periods of considerable disappointment.

I remember 2005 being like witnessing a spaceship landing. Winning a GS was alien beyond words. And then normal service resumed. And then, somehow, everything went crazy. Not every season of the Gats era was vintage - some were far from it - but to witness sustained success has been beyond what I could ever have expected. It couldn't last, but I'd like to see us be competitive even if we're not winning tournaments. Yesterday looked the opposite of competitive. I would hope to see a turnaround on that front next weekend, but I'm not holding my breath.

Someone else's turn for a bit. Cycles.

I'm a miserable twat aren't I.

Scotland have to fancy their chances next week in Cardiff.
Well, we can't score or create tries and our defence is porous. The Scots can do both and their defence isn't, so yeah, I'd be surprised if they don't win by a try or more.

Sexton’s out for Saturday. Got carberry in at at ten. I don’t think Joey is a ten so we will struggle. The evidence is that when Joey came on Saturday he didn’t run the team at all, we became directionless and lost the last quarter 7-0.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ax^
Back
Top Bottom