Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Show us yer shelfies!

All too clean and neat you fucking show-off's.
photo7_zpshbnwnuhp.jpg

This is in my study/den/bolt-hole. I made a slot on the top of the Cheesy Football thing as a moneybox for £2 coins, probably got 8 quid in there. :D

Do you ever do anything else apart from hanging around on here with a pathological need to be right ?
i don't have a pathological need to be right. i am right. it is as simple as that.

if you look at the way anyone else shelves things, you'll see that those annoying french or german books which have the spine printed the other way up are shelved upside down to fit in with the other books. it isn't that the german blu-ray is right or the british ones are right. it is that things should go the way the dominant number do, for both neatness and ease of use.

i don't have a pathological need to be right. i am right. it is as simple as that.

if you look at the way anyone else shelves things, you'll see that those annoying french or german books which have the spine printed the other way up are shelved upside down to fit in with the other books. it isn't that the german blu-ray is right or the british ones are right. it is that things should go the way the dominant number do, for both neatness and ease of use.

But then all the logos etc at the bottom of the DVD would be upside down, which would also look wrong.

i've discussed this with other 'libbys' and many of them are chaotic with their own books too, strangely
yes. no one's going to have all their books in a perfect bliss or dewey sequence. but they are generally - and i say this from looking at more people's bookshelves than i care to remember - a) with spines facing outwards, and b) those books not horizontal have their spines as in e.g. post 123, that is you turn your head to the right to read them.

yes. no one's going to have all their books in a perfect bliss or dewey sequence. but they are generally - and i say this from looking at more people's bookshelves than i care to remember - a) with spines facing outwards, and b) those books not horizontal have their spines as in e.g. post 123, that is you turn your head to the right to read them.
i just throw mine in the general direction of my book case. there's loads on the floor as well. i'm going to have to transport them from London to Leeds some time next week. that'll be fun.

try putting a blu-ray in a dvd player and the difference will rapidly become apparent.

Clearly I am aware of that. The fact remains that your point about orientation is wrong. It wouldn't fit in with the other <objects>, it would simply align the spine text. The <object> itself and any other details on the spine would be upside down and would not fit in with the other <objects>.

Clearly I am aware of that. The fact remains that your point about orientation is wrong. It wouldn't fit in with the other <objects>, it would simply align the spine text. The <object> itself and any other details on the spine would be upside down and would not fit in with the other <objects>.
Have a pedant point

It's not just the logos which would be the wrong way round, it would be the entire Blu-ray box which unlike books or DVDs has the cover oriented lower, with a centimetre of clear plastic on top. If you put it the wrong way round it's obvious that the whole box is the wrong way round.

Once presented with objects other than books Pickman is clearly falling around helplessly.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom