Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Corporate/tech film and show recommendations

I always plug Corporate as one of the most underrated shows of the past few years, and this seems like as good a thread as any to plug it on. Thoughts on Silicon Valley? I think I gave up after the first series, there's a fine line between "all the characters are dicks and I love it" and "all the characters are dicks so I can't be arsed watching" and think Silicon Valley was maybe just on the wrong side for me.

Cheers. I've tagged both of these.

Dull boring people streaming dull films celebrating people making money really boringly. If you’re gonna rob people on film, depict it as a daring heist on one night, not as a decades-long tale of marketing and sales.
We need more subversive films about workers in the workplace, not overbearing tech bros landing deals and smoking cigars. Last good one to spring to mind isSorry To Bother You

Dull boring people streaming dull films celebrating people making money really boringly. If you’re gonna rob people on film, depict it as a daring heist on one night, not as a decades-long tale of marketing and sales.
We need more subversive films about workers in the workplace, not overbearing tech bros landing deals and smoking cigars. Last good one to spring to mind isSorry To Bother You
That's definitely what we need. A blockbuster about Amazon warehouse workers sticking it to the man by stacking boxes slower.

Wasn’t recommending it to any business cunts, but the horsemen are coming for you, dicks-a-swinging anyway. Try and outrun them, I dare ya

That's definitely what we need. A blockbuster about Amazon warehouse workers sticking it to the man by stacking boxes slower.
There is actually a great German film set in a similar environment - In The Aisles - flavours-of-the-month Sandra Huller and Franz Rogowski both star in it and it’s more fun than films about their bosses nailing meetings with other bosses and beating their chests

Oh look, OU's being controversial again! He's such a laugh. I wish he would shit post on every thread! What a guy!
Fuck off, I’m sincere. Business cunts can fuck off. And films about them can fuck off even more.
It’s more controversial to be championing this sort of shit.

Fuck off, I’m sincere. Business cunts can fuck off. And films about them can fuck off even more.
You don't know what you are talking about and should fuck off the thread if you don't like it, prick.

You do realise it's TV we're talking about, right? It's not the politics forum. There's nobody here to impress with your Citizen Smith spiel.

You don't know what you are talking about and should fuck off the thread if you don't like it, prick.
No, I shall continue to offer better options and criticise and mock Urban’s recent capitalist bent. If you don’t like it, don’t be a business cunt.
Down with business cunts, up with babyeating anarchists!

You do realise it's TV we're talking about, right? It's not the politics forum. There's nobody here to impress with your Citizen Smith spiel.
I only look at one forum and it’s called new posts.
I’m not trying to impress anyone, far from it. I’m hoping to dismay and deter. ✊

No, I shall continue to offer better options and criticise and mock Urban’s recent capitalist bent. If you don’t like it, don’t be a business cunt.
Down with business cunts, up with babyeating anarchists!
then i shall continue to call you a prick

then i shall continue to call you a prick
Glad to be a prick rather than someone who enjoys watching business cunts sell shitty pumps. Take a good look at yourself. You’re being entertained by the sanitisation and celebration of capitalism, while the world is burning.

I only look at one forum and it’s called new posts.
I’m not trying to impress anyone, far from it. I’m hoping to dismay and deter. ✊
Deter from what, adulting? Did that part of life pass you by, the bit where your mates all decided that tree hugging wasn't going to pay the bills, and some of them had the nous to start their own business and make a few quid?
Most people's politics tend to change as they mature...

Last edited:
Sorry to bother you is shite, though

I loved it. It’s not a masterpiece by any means, but it was refreshing to see a film with those politics out on general release.
And it doesn’t celebrate business cunts.
The longest thread about the most successful business cunts TV show in recent years, possibly ever, was started by...err, you :D

Yeah, but you watch cartoons and sci-fi stuff with monsters 🤷‍♂️
You mean that I have wide-ranging tastes, and I’m not restricted to snobbery towards genre.
Well, er, hum, apart from one, if you can call films celebrating products and businessmen a genre. :D

Back
Top Bottom