Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Show us yer shelfies!

The Zerzan/Watson combo makes me think you're missing out by not adding Perlman to make it an "against this, against that" hat-trick.

A pamphlet not a book so it goes on a separate shelf, but I used to, presumably still do, have a copy of At Daggers Drawn... that had an absolutely lovely cover. Can't remember anything about the contents, but it was a really nicely designed cover.

Now I've ended up looking through my pamphlet collection again, spot the odd one out:
3KhQg7b.jpg

you put my reference shelves to shame, with your multiple atlases and dictionaries. i've just got an 1899 whitakers, oxford dictionary of byzantium, russian and french dictionaries, 1921 times atlas (should get round to replacing it), langenschiedt french and russian dictionaries and a dozen differently out of date atlases of london.

you put my reference shelves to shame, with your multiple atlases and dictionaries. i've just got an 1899 whitakers, oxford dictionary of byzantium, russian and french dictionaries, 1921 times atlas (should get round to replacing it), langenschiedt french and russian dictionaries and a dozen differently out of date atlases of london.
Alas those shelves are not yet mine, they're the auld fella's...

Not at all ordered as I’ve only just unpacked my books and just put them on the bookcases in any old fashion. Sorting them out (and scanning them into a catalogue app) is a job for Christmas

The ones lying flat on the lower shelf I’ve just bought they’re like that to remind me I need to post them

DC4ADA33-9B45-4073-8982-11A29468F522.jpeg

Last edited:
What one are you using, and is it any good?
Libib but must add that I’ve not yet used it for books. it’s been quite good for CDs and DVDs though (95% success), it works by scanning the barcode, so it won’t manage everything, but exceptions can be added manually. More exceptions for books I’d think as they’re more likely to be older

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom