Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Should the fox hunting ban be lifted?

Should the fox hunting ban be lifted?

• Total voters
I'm not wriggling. You're just leapt on two different words and confused them.
You think it's wrong to eat animals for food. Many others don't, including me. We can't get past this, so this debate has become rather pointless.
the we in this instance being you and the other meat eaters i suppose

You think it's wrong to eat animals for food. Many others don't, including me. We can't get past this, so this debate has become rather pointless.
And you are in the majority so must be in the right too!
That's how it works init

Is that all you got??
More of a joke than usual!
He's right. We ate meat before the industry came along.

Look, I accept and appreciate vegetarians' reasoning for not eating meat, but in turn, perhaps you should accept meat-eaters' reasoning for eating meat. You don't have to agree with it.

humanity? oh dear!
is it humane to grind millions of male chicks? are battery farms humane? is pumping cows full of chemicals humane? is slitting the throat or breaking the neck of a chicken humane?

by consensus you mean a majority that has been brought up with it as the 'norm' reinforced by the powerful meat marketing industry and notions of 'proper food'

is your culture better because it doesn't eat dogs like some forrins?
what you're missing here is the environmental impact on humans caused by this. the volume of water it takes to produce meat is phenomenal, while the abuse of antibiotics means their effect against disease is dissipating. meat eaters are having a horrendous impact on the environment, which many carnivores refuse to acknowledge.

what you're missing here is the environmental impact on humans caused by this. the volume of water it takes to produce meat is phenomenal, while the abuse of antibiotics means their effect against disease is dissipating. meat eaters are having a horrendous impact on the environment, which many carnivores refuse to acknowledge.
I think this is the strongest argument for not eating meat. I think we're wasting time debating whether it's fundamentally right or wrong killing animals for food. It's an argument that goes nowhere.

And you are in the majority so must be in the right too!
That's how it works init
Why just make up stuff that people haven't said?

You've been spouting complete drivel on this thread, and some of it highly condescending drivel at that. But not once has any meat eater on this thread insulted veggies or the concept of being a veggie.

You've been spouting complete drivel on this thread, and some of it highly condescending drivel at that. But not once has any meat eater on this thread insulted veggies or the concept of being a veggie.

Still, no one's been challenged to defeat the mighty vegan fun runners yet so we have that to come.

This is quite the weakest excuse I've ever heard. Exactly where do you live? The Sahara?

When I did - literally - live in the Sahara I was veggie (virtually vegan tbf). Apart from the goat that got slaughtered for me once, but that's another story...

so i should shut up then i guess!
and you win! hurrah

little judge jesus tells it like it is, again, yawn

so i should shut up then i guess!
and you win! hurrah

little judge jesus tells it like it is, again, yawn

Ah come on, nobody is trying to shut you up. You just take this stuff far more personally than you need to.

You have some (I'll admit it) admirable principles around this, but that doesn't mean that everyone else is in some way morally bankrupt, which is what you often seem to suggest.

Ah come on, nobody is trying to shut you up. You just take this stuff far more personally than you need to.

You have some (I'll admit it) admirable principles around this, but that doesn't mean that everyone else is in some way morally bankrupt, which is what you often seem to suggest.
i know that! i am dramatically extrapolating for the lols

lbj is waiting to jump on any little thing and he can fuck off.

the arguments are the same yes and boring so the only way to stop it is for me and the other vegi's to shut up or 'argue' in a way acceptable to those trying to shape the debate.
A lot of people agree with and don't see a problem with bringing back hanging, should we?

I want to add more but just know that i will be ambushed so there is no point, that's kind of where i am at now.

Back
Top Bottom