Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Shots fired outside Houses of Parliament

I've cycled past Westminster Palace many times and have often thought how easy it would be to pull up in a vehicle and run into the public entrances as they open out onto the street.

BBC reporter saying he talked to one of them and some of their party were hit by the car. Uncorroborated as yet.
The live TV pictures from chopper appeared to show emergency services attending to numerous victims along the length of the bridge from the St Thomas' steps all the way to the railings opposite Westminster tube. :(
Only sliver of good news being the proximity to St Thomas' A&E.

Fucking silly tweet from Adam Afriyie MP
Parliament must not be cowered by this incident and I'd like the House of Commons to reconvene as soon as possible this afternoon.
Yeah, that would be a real priority for the police who are charging round trying to secure this and that, not sure whether it's a 'lone gunman' or more etc. FFS. :rolleyes:

TBH, I am surprised it has taken this long for this kinda incident to happen in London- give the precedents in Europe over the past year or two.

There are a lot of static defences around important buildings, planters etc. so as to keep vehicles away - defences they started sorting out when the IRA were targeting London. We're probably better protected than a lot of cities. I guess we might see some more of these defences going in now.

Also access to fire arms is tougher here than most of continental Europe, so the mass shooting type attack not so likely. I suspect shots heard here were just police ones, and reports of police being called to a shooting incident is just the usual fog of information after something like this.

what do you mean? hot stupid takes?

The police response to what appears to be an armed attacker and an assault on a police officer with overwhelming force. It'd be weird if every available officer WASN'T there.

they turn up after the event, leaving other areas unpoliced, and staging a spectacle in 1 place then carrying out another is a fairly obvious terror tactic.

Generally most terrorist attacks are isolated incidents. And you don't know what precautions are being taken elsewhere.

"Trump has been briefed on the incident."

Stand down everyone! It's all in hand now.
Short clip of him just now, sitting down for some sort of meeting, where he appears to comment “something has happened in London”.

e2a: to be precise the quote in full:
Big news … I was just getting an update on London … some big news having to do with London just happened.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom