Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Shooting and possible explosion in Brooklyn, New York, 12th April 2022

"undetonated devices found, officials say"

Multiple people were shot in a New York City subway station during rush hour on Tuesday, and several undetonated devices were found, officials said.

At least 13 people were injured during the mayhem that unfolded at a station in Brooklyn's Sunset Park neighborhood, the FDNY said, though it was not immediately unclear how many of those victims were shot.

A man, possibly wearing clothes that resembled MTA attire, was spotted throwing a device in the subway station before opening fire, law enforcement sources told NBC New York.

Police were looking for man, believed to be about 5-foot-5, 180 pounds and wearing a gas mask, who shot at least five people, sources said.

Yes, that's what makes this one unusual. Can't think offhand of anyone else vanishing from the middle of a city.

Reactions: Ax^
He apparently took off in a U-Haul truck - there's probably hundreds of those on the streets of the New York City area at any given time, so that would have allowed him to escape fairly anonymously and would also have tied up police resources if countless people were calling in to report U-Haul sightings.

I hope they catch him before he tries anything else and he gets sentenced to spend the rest of his life sitting in a cell pondering the fact that his mass shooting/bomb attack didn't kill anybody.

36th Street station is resonable central for a major city

would be like doing a disappear act from hammersmith

also they found the U-haul truck

cctv would catch you before the cops

Apparently the CCTV cameras at the station weren't working. My wife works at a Middle School just by the 36th Street Station, and the school building had to go into lockdown for most of the school day.

New York has nowhere near as much CCTV as the UK. so I'm not surprised that this bloke has managed to vanish for now.
Even if all the CCTV was working, operators have to monitor hundreds if not thousands of cameras and so the dream of real time seamless pursuit across town from an incident like this is far more of an aspiration than a general reality. In addition, we don't know if the same control room has access to feeds from within the station and from the street, simply by walking into the street the gunman might have vanished from one system and be gone by the time people at a second system switched to view. Nothing to do with the number of cameras, much more to do with the way CCTV used far more for evidence than pursuit.

The (badly written) story I read said that he "railed against the chaos and homelessness on the streets."

I'm not certain if he was railing against homeless people or if he was homeless himself and unhappy with the state of public services.

Either way, it seems counter-intuitive to protest chaos by creating more of it. Its only pure luck that no one was killed.

<edited to add>
This may or may not be his Youtube channel:

Whoever this channel belongs to he sure doesn't think much of women (NSFW):

Last edited:
The (badly written) story I read said that he "railed against the chaos and homelessness on the streets."

I'm not certain if he was railing against homeless people or if he was homeless himself and unhappy with the state of public services.

Either way, it seems counter-intuitive to protest chaos by creating more of it. Its only pure luck that no one was killed.

<edited to add>
This may or may not be his Youtube channel:

Whoever this channel belongs to he sure doesn't think much of women (NSFW):

on another vid he spoke of ukraine in race terms, similar to "this is whites do to each other, it's a dry run for the extermination of us."
a summary:

Even if all the CCTV was working, operators have to monitor hundreds if not thousands of cameras and so the dream of real time seamless pursuit across town from an incident like this is far more of an aspiration than a general reality. In addition, we don't know if the same control room has access to feeds from within the station and from the street, simply by walking into the street the gunman might have vanished from one system and be gone by the time people at a second system switched to view. Nothing to do with the number of cameras, much more to do with the way CCTV used far more for evidence than pursuit.

Pretty sure it might have helped a bit if any of the cameras were working in the station,

Malfunctioning cameras appear to be hindering the hunt for a gunman who shot 10 people in a rush hour attack on a New York City subway station.
Local officials for years have warned that subway cameras in the city have faced maintenance issues and chronic problems.

Citing an anonymous law enforcement official, the New York Times has reported that none of the cameras at the station was fully operational.

Last edited:
on another vid he spoke of ukraine in race terms, similar to "this is whites do to each other, it's a dry run for the extermination of us."
a summary:

I watched a couple of videos and he seemed to save his greatest hatred for black women. At one point he was screaming anti-black/anti-female perjoritives for at least three minutes straight. It was unhinged.

<edited to add>
Looks like Youtube finally pulled the plug. Took them long enough.

Last edited:
not go a vpn so the first links not working for me

just browsing reddit and see "shooters rant about white poeple" poppin off more than one

can guess which one will get more air time

:/

Back
Top Bottom