Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Royal lickspittlery: the platinum jubilee edition

I mean for fuck's sake. Even if you are the sort of weirdo who thinks projecting the queen onto stuff is a tasteful and appropriate thing to do, it must still be possible to figure out that you need to use a vaguely flat surface or you're just going to get a mangled mess.

I can tolerate sharing this island with millions of complete idiots, really I'm OK with it, but how do they have resources do piss away on this when people who do have half a brain and who do actual useful things with their lives can't feed their kids? :mad:

the jubilee is from the accession, not the coronation. so from the death of george vi in 1952 and not from the crowning of elizabeth ii in 1953

Yeah you need them formally monarched immediately, because god knows we can't go without that. But allows a decent period of mourning before the celebratory event that is coronation.

Welby came out with such nauseating crap that he had to get covid and pneumonia to compensate.

Welby said: “I am deeply saddened to be missing the historic celebration of Her Majesty the Queen’s platinum jubilee. However, I will be praying for the Queen and giving thanks for her extraordinary 70 years of service to us all.

“I will also be praying for our nation at this time of celebration and thanksgiving. May the Queen’s example bring us together in unity and care for one another.

“For those attending Friday’s service at St Paul’s Cathedral, and the millions watching on television, I hope this joyful occasion will inspire us with the Queen’s profound commitment to fostering unity and peace among all people – and to promoting care for the natural world that God has given us.

“Led by the love of Jesus Christ, the Queen has lived her life for the benefit of others: l pray we find inspiration from Her Majesty over the jubilee weekend and long into the future.

“As we prepare to celebrate the first platinum jubilee in our nation’s history, may God save the Queen, and bless her with the knowledge of our profound love and gratitude for her service to us all.”

Welby came out with such nauseating crap that he had to get covid and pneumonia to compensate.

"l pray we find inspiration from Her Majesty over the jubilee weekend and long into the future."

See, what does this mean, "inspiration"? Inspired to do what, become a monarch? It's trite bollocks.

"l pray we find inspiration from Her Majesty over the jubilee weekend and long into the future."

See, what does this mean, "inspiration"? Inspired to do what, become a monarch? It's trite bollocks.
I file it in the same cringeworthy category as 'a sense of duty'. An invitation not to think, to put up with shit, to know your place in a crap order, to make a virtue out of the horror, a suffocation of the spirit.

I may be inspired to rewatch The Prisoner.

Dear God.

Platinum Jubilee: The Queen has sought to be nation's comforter-in-chief

Sure, she's brought people great comfort to know that while they try to dodge being evicted from their moudly bedsit by some scummy landlord, forced to use foodbanks to eat, she's dining in luxury at Balmoral. Or Windsor Castle. Or Norfolk House. That a tiny fraction of her millions'd be more than they could ever dream of owning. Barf.

Had a little wander today. Aside from a display of biscuits in the Co op, I haven't seen anything.

The council in Durham have put plaques on every fucking lampost in Newton hall (Where the haves live). How much does that cost! Fucks me right off that the surrounding ex mining villages are deprived. Twats.

Weird, I live in a very small hamlet in rural Herefordshire (I think there's about 40 houses in total).

You'd suppose it's prime flag shagging territory but on my estate (to be clear, the only housing estate) there's nothing. Some of the big houses have union jacks, but they already had fecking flagpoles for them to go on, so I suspect that they always had them up.

Lots of street parties around my way, all samosa and pakora do's. It's building up to be weirder than I thought.
The same here- in fact, one on our road on Friday and I'm completely neutral to it. Really have no feelings towards it, whatsoever.

Back
Top Bottom