Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Royal lickspittlery: the platinum jubilee edition

5bc4a96e5a68eeb1e71c3148_the-curious-case-of-cargo-cults-and-corporate-innovation-png.325321

cargo1-jpg.325322

Clearly mocking Russia here with their advanced military hardware
1NvfvRb.gif

I'm in tears as I post this heart-warming story.

In his social media post, Mr Gardner wrote alongside the photo of his brother-in-law and the prince: "What an honour to have a private moment with our future king who was humble and working quietly in the background, helping the most needy.
"These 'silent gestures' often go unrecognised."

In his social media post, Mr Gardner wrote alongside the photo of his brother-in-law and the prince: "What an honour to have a private moment with our future king who was humble and working quietly in the background, helping the most needy.
not sure how he's working in the background or indeed helping the needy

Lots of Big Issue sellers come from broken dysfunctional families so I don't see why this is surprising...

I think the four days of celebrations, mainly the pomp and pageantry on the Mall is like a eulogy and valediction for the only British Monarch to celebrate Platinum Jubilee of 70 years of reign. The pageantry is like a rainbow, beautiful however ephemeral, lasts for posterity in archives of media and museums and the like.

The Queen has a public role and private life. The public role includes relations with British Prime Ministers, royal assent of legislature, attending public ceremonies such as state opening of the parliament, and myriads of openings and celebrations, hosting foreign dignitaries, to mention just a few key roles. Private life involves relations with her family and private activities. The queen plays another role, not so transparent, intrusive, controversial, ubiquitous and omnipresent. She is like a patron saint of many walks of life and animals. However for some others, the liquefaction.

i've heard gammons carrying on about 'fake homeless' people selling the big issue in the past...

Last edited:
I think the four days of celebrations, mainly the pomp and pageantry on the Mall is like a eulogy and valediction for the only British Monarch to celebrate Platinum Jubilee of 70 years of reign. The pageantry is like a rainbow, beautiful however ephemeral, lasts for posterity in archives of media and museums and the like.

The Queen has a public role and private life. The public role includes relations with British Prime Ministers, royal assent of legislature, attending public ceremonies such as state opening of the parliament, and myriads of openings and celebrations, hosting foreign dignitaries, to mention just a few key roles. Private life involves relations with her family and private activities. The queen plays another role, not so transparent, intrusive, controversial, ubiquitous and omnipresent. She is like a patron saint of many walks of life and animals. However for some others, the liquefaction.
And which is she for you?

Then there's times when public and private intersect. Like when she's using public money to pay off the victims of her family's private activities.

Then there's times when public and private intersect. Like when she's using public money to pay off the victims of her family's private activities.
Or to fix up a castle with public money because it was uninsured

When she allows the country to deport poor refugees 4000 miles away as punishment for trying to better themselves.

She lacks the moral backbone and authority that a leader of a country or head of a church should have. Not speaking up against wrong is failure

Isn't this the plot from a fairy tale? I like the bit where a wicked woodcutter steals his shoes and socks but then he's helped by a kind-hearted orphan girl and then he reveals who he is and rewards the kind-hearted orphan girl by marrying her.

Inebriated drivel

Isn't this the plot from a fairy tale? I like the bit where a wicked woodcutter steals his shoes and socks but then he's helped by a kind-hearted orphan girl and then he reveals who he is and rewards the kind-hearted orphan girl by marrying her.
these days fairy tales are called romantic Christmas comedies (just as daft though)

For some others she's like the liquefaction of many walks of life and animals?

Property manager fou

And that was a property manager who said that. It's beyond parody. 😱

Or to fix up a castle with public money because it was uninsured

When she allows the country to deport poor refugees 4000 miles away as punishment for trying to better themselves.

She lacks the moral backbone and authority that a leader of a country or head of a church should have. Not speaking up against wrong is failure
they are of course her majesty's government. so she can't really go 'not in my name'

It’s funny that all these silent gestures end up in reported the press.

It’s a bit like someone saying they’re “a nice guy” if you have to tell people you are one then you’re probably not

Back
Top Bottom