Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Who will be the next prime minister (October 2022 edition)

Who will be the next PM of what's left of the UK?

• Sunak

Votes: 61 39.6%
  • Mordaunt

Votes: 44 28.6%
  • Hunt

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Badenoch

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Javid

• Zahawi

• Johnson

Votes: 36 23.4%
  • Mogg

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Patel

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Obligatory comedy option: Braverman

Votes: 8 5.2%

• Total voters
but how can this be ?
View attachment 348548
(he hasn't deleted it yet the tweet from yesterday early afternoon)

A3FzH7AVWYKRBLwa6hS_r8K_TbdHDxzcYa9NsQNWlOM.jpg

Three questions remain, will Mordaunt reach the magic 100+, certainly a possibility if there's enough delusional anti-Sunak MPs that think they can stop him by backing Mordaunt, taking it to the membership, and that would somehow work out if she won.

Secondly, if Mordaunt gets to that point, but miles behind Sunak, would she insist on going to the membership, I doubt it as she would know she would struggle to control the party, so again possible, certainly more possible than Johnson ever getting to the magic 100+, which was clearly never going to happen.

Finally, if it did go to the membership, would they be daft enough to pick her, when she's not the most popular amongst the MPs, and with the Trussafuck fresh in their minds, very doubtful IMO.

I am fairly sure Sunak will be confirmed as PM at some point today.

Boris winning the public vote having only 101ish of his party supporting him has good Tory chaos lol potential :thumbs:

Dear Tory Chaos Genie, I appreciate I'm all out of wishes here, but I would happily accept Mordaunt to play the 101ish vote role, to ensure the headbanger members do their thing.

No conclusion reached at all. Just remarking on the big vote for maudant here that is not reflected elsewhere. Is it urbanites just getting it wrong or was she perceived as being more acceptable? The least obnoxious candidate?
Looks like urbanite polling got the final two right after all, and urbanites were right that Johnson was the outside bet.

I'm not a betting man, but considering she's the only person left in other than sunak, has a reasonable chance of getting the 100 noms and a decent chance of winning if it goes to the members, 28/1 seems pretty good odds for Mordaunt this morning?

I'm not a betting man, but considering she's the only person left in other than sunak, has a reasonable chance of getting the 100 noms and a decent chance of winning if it goes to the members, 28/1 seems pretty good odds for Mordaunt this morning?
Agreed. Even if there is only a 25% chance of getting the nominations and 25% chance of winning the run off, that still leaves it at 15/1.

She’s probably not going to win, but 28/1 is nevertheless good value, I think.

be surprised if she doesn't pull out today - probably waiting to see how much support she gets from mps in order to negotiate a plum job with sunak. Expect a lot of gushing from the media over "grown up" sunak and a tory recovery in the polls. Which will last until the cost of living shit properly hits the fan in the new year and the tory head bangers get back on their hobby horses.

Depends how she frames her campaign - if she's going reasonable competence then she'll stay, imv, short of 100, but if she goes for the anyone-but-Sunak, Johnson tribute act, she may we'll get there - the problem she'll have is that she'll instantly piss off 200 of her MP's who'll spend the next 2 years making her life hell.

She's had a really poor campaign - she never framed where she was: is she Johnson but without the corruption and sexual incontinence, is she Sunak but without the act of Brutus, Truss without the catastrophically poor personal skills?

She's always been a bit of a mystery: she's not of the Eton set, she's not of the hedge fund managers, she's serious and, by all accounts, an above average departmental minister, good at the despatch box which always rallies the troops, no scandal, she looks serious and capable, and she has a reputation amongst the CS as being polite, capable, supportive, diligent and effective.

What's odd is that given all that, she polls so poorly amongst Tory MP's....

She’ll probably be Home Secretary or something won’t she, whoever she is. Feels like the ‘nobody really knows who she is’ candidate would have fared a lot better if we hadn’t just experienced Truss.

yeah she did, she's low tax = growth scum :thumbs:

While also going well outside the then cabinet position and saying that benefits should get the full 10% inflation uplift?

It may have been pure politicking - Penny on manoeuvres - but I don't see much in her previous which suggests she was one of the IEA faithful.

Back
Top Bottom