Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Rotherham child rape gangs: At least 1400 victims

I think that's a great article personally.

What's even the issue? Anyone seriously offended by that article needs to get a fucking grip and have a think. 1.8 million Saint Tommy views and the left blowing its trumpet on twitter about The Revolution should be far more of a cause for concern.

I think that's a great article personally.

What's even the issue? Anyone seriously offended by that article needs to get a fucking grip and have a think. 1.8 million Saint Tommy views and the left blowing its trumpet on twitter about The Revolution should be far more of a cause for concern.

:facepalm:

Go on then. Make your point.

I've made mine. And I'll go one step further. If you consider yourself on the left and yet you are offended or perturbed to hear these kind of conversations taking place or people trying to address a controversial issue rather than dig their heels in and carpet sweep the omg so offensive but very real fact that pretty much all these men were Pakistani or from Pakistani background, combined with the fact that this was hushed up by a middle class Labour council and "pilars of the community" on all sides.... then go and fuck yourself. I'm glad youre offended. :thumbs:

What a weird couple of pages.

I too am new to this rule that before disagreeing with something you take it up with the author first. That’s just odd. Odd, impractical and made up.
Yeh, at the very least you should take things up with the author when you know you disagree with something rather than before. Doing it your way round is really impractical. But I haven't said it's a rule, rather that some things need to be taken up with people off the boards if the poster really wants a resolution. Otherwise it's just frothing. Of course Magnus McGinty could pop down the ripper museum next week where I'm sure he'll be able to chat to Lisa and any concerns he has about what she said can be dealt with

Yeh, at the very least you should take things up with the author when you know you disagree with something rather than before. Doing it your way round is really impractical. But I haven't said it's a rule, rather that some things need to be taken up with people off the boards if the poster really wants a resolution. Otherwise it's just frothing. Of course Magnus McGinty could pop down the ripper museum next week where I'm sure he'll be able to chat to Lisa and any concerns he has about what she said can be dealt with

So what’s the point of this place then? BTW, I’ve never before felt the need to debate authors directly, you can’t point to examples of posters suggesting it previously, other long term posters and an admin are perplexed by the suggestion so I’ve no idea why you’re ploughing on with it.

So what’s the point of this place then? BTW, I’ve never before felt the need to debate authors directly, you can’t point to examples of posters suggesting it previously, other long term posters and an admin are perplexed by the suggestion so I’ve no idea why you’re ploughing on with it.
Yeh, it's a suggestion. It's not a rule. And there's no onus on you to do it. But if you think Lisa's wrong and you do indeed have the respect for her you say you do then it seems to me you should raise it, as you'd both gain from any ensuing discussion. There's no need to do it on the Internet, sure you could have a chat with her in person at an event you might go to anyway

Yeh, it's a suggestion. It's not a rule. And there's no onus on you to do it. But if you think Lisa's wrong and you do indeed have the respect for her you say you do then it seems to me you should raise it, as you'd both gain from any ensuing discussion. There's no need to do it on the Internet, sure you could have a chat with her in person at an event you might go to anyway

But what’s the point when I’ve already been told I’m WRONG by wiser heads here and thus saving me from travelling across town to publicly embarrass myself? In fact I was told that simply disagreeing with her made me a cunt of the highest order as she’s on our side.
Besides, I’m busy next Sat.

But what’s the point when I’ve already been told I’m WRONG by wiser heads here and thus saving me from travelling across town to publicly embarrass myself? In fact I was told that simply disagreeing with her made me a cunt of the highest order as she’s on our side.
Besides, I’m busy next Sat.
you shouldn't be called a cunt for disagreeing with someone. No one's right all the time. Lisa can't expect to be right all the time, I can't, hell even Ian bone's wrong on occasion. And while you're welcome to humiliate yourself if you so desire, in your shoes I'd just ask her about what she wrote, what led her to that pov. It's a pity you're busy next weekend but I hope you enjoy what you have planned.

I’ve not yet read the piece that Magnus is supposed to take up with Lisa. I may not even disagree with it. But let’s say I disagree with something else, and I know where to find the author, is there a cut off point for travel time? If it’s a 40 minute round trip, would it be OK to post my opinion on the boards before attempting the journey? What about 50 minutes? An hour?

The other day I posted up a report in the press about a book I hadn’t yet read. In that case I happened to know the author. I’m wondering whether actually I should have waited until I’d read the book, spoken to the author about it, and ironed out with her any queries I had about the text? Please advise.

Also, foolishly, I clicked like on a post that was discussing an interview between Paul Mattick Jr and Phil Neel. But actually I know where to find Paul Mattick’s email address. Should I go back and unlike the post?

I’ve not yet read the piece that Magnus is supposed to take up with Lisa. I may not even disagree with it. But let’s say I disagree with something else, and I know where to find the author, is there a cut off point for travel time? If it’s a 40 minute round trip, would it be OK to post my opinion on the boards before attempting the journey? What about 50 minutes? An hour?
it's up to you, but if you don't admire or respect them perhaps you shouldn't travel at all.

The other day I posted up a report in the press about a book I hadn’t yet read. In that case I happened to know the author. I’m wondering whether actually I should have waited until I’d read the book, spoken to the author about it, and ironed out with her any queries I had about the text? Please advise.
at the time you had no queries about the text as you hadn't read it, so there was nothing to raise with the author

Also, foolishly, I clicked like on a post that was discussing an interview between Paul Mattick Jr and Phil Neel. But actually I know where to find Paul Mattick’s email address. Should I go back and unlike the post?
only if you have the assent of both neel and mattick

So you can’t point to it then? Because I can’t either. I don’t know precisely how they managed to operate. But they were using properties as part of their offending. Unless they had their rape factories in the local park?
I know there's two pages of nonsense since this post but are you really claiming that they are a different class because they raped indoors rather than outdoors? Properties just means buildings.

I know there's two pages of nonsense since this post but are you really claiming that they are a different class because they raped indoors rather than outdoors? Properties just means buildings.

I assumed there were property / business owners amongst their number. Alongside the fact they exploit people for profit.

Re: authors.

I’ve been doing it wrong for all the years I’ve been here then. Because I’ve often aired my disagreements with authors with whom I might otherwise agree on here before, and often without ever, taking it up with them directly.

In atonement I will now only discuss sojourner ‘s published output, but only after PMing her with my opinions.

I think I actually discussed a book by my brother with someone on here without first fully clearing my arguments with my brother himself.

Firing squad please.

Back
Top Bottom