Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Rishi Sunak's Time is Up

He's obviously trying to ape Bercow in the ego department - the notion that nothing can be said while parliament is in recess is for the clouds. In the pandemic he was even moaning about urgent Covid announcements via TV to the public not being set out in parliament first - yes don't announce an urgent increase in restrictions until two weeks on Tuesday, what a pillock. :facepalm:

Haven't watched this due to data issues here (on holiday) but according to the person who quoted it, it's 'incoherent', thoughts?

Obviously they have given up any hope of getting a anyone under 55 to vote for them…

It will even funnier when there's absolutely no impact on his polling.
I don't think these announcements will make any difference at all tbh. I don't think it will cost him any votes but it won't win him any either. 2030-2035 is years away and the economy is pretty much circling the drain at the moment. People have far more important things to worry about here and now like whether they can meet their next mortgage/rent payment or how much groceries are costing them.

I don't think these announcements will make any difference at all tbh. I don't think it will cost him any votes but it won't win him any either. 2030-2035 is years away and the economy is pretty much circling the drain at the moment. People have far more important things to worry about here and now like whether they can meet their next mortgage/rent payment or how much groceries are costing them.
Yep, only the already fully committed true blue sociopaths will respond to this shite.

This really is some desperate scraping of the bottom of the 'core' barrel. Can only be a focus group driven ploy to limit damage.

1695232280143.png

He wants to make "difficult long term decisions" and he is going to do that by getting rid of a load of difficult stuff to improve his chances of winning the next election.

Fucking astonishing. They think we're all fucking idiots.
You're so cynical. He said it had absolutely nothing to do with politics. :mad:

Last edited:
This really is some desperate scraping of the bottom of the 'core' barrel. Can only be a focus group driven ploy to limit damage.

View attachment 392391
How does that work out???
If a person is a Tory voter and they are one of the 26.8% of Tory voters that are more likely to vote Tory then the party has gained nothing, as at this point they are probably going out to vote anyway even if they say are 'more likely' to vote for them
If you are one of the 21.4% less likely to vote then the party has lost a vote or worse vote for another party.
I cannot see how this is going to have any positive effect for the Tories.

How does that work out???
If a person is a Tory voter and they are one of the 26.8% of Tory voters that are more likely to vote Tory then the party has gained nothing, as at this point they are probably going out to vote anyway even if they say are 'more likely' to vote for them
If you are one of the 21.4% less likely to vote then the party has lost a vote or worse vote for another party.
I cannot see how this is going to have any positive effect for the Tories.
I suppose they think that any propping up of 'core' turnout will limit the thumping they're in for.

I suppose they think that any propping up of 'core' turnout will limit the thumping they're in for.
Yes I agree, but they only have their core vote left, so I don't know if this will make much difference as it will piss off more people than it appeases.

Roll on the General Election.

It's all shite, but this but is particularly fucking shit.

Landlords who already milk Tennant's can continue to save money whilst those of us who rent freeze in damp and cold properties. Fucking pricks.
The UK has some of the most badly insulated housing stock in Europe. Sunak announced he would no longer require homeowners and landlords to meet energy efficiency targets. He promised not to force homeowners into what he termed “expensive insulation upgrades”.

There had been plans to fine landlords who failed to upgrade their properties to a certain level of energy efficiency, but these have now been dropped.

This will save an immediate cost to landlords, who will not have to pay to insulate homes they do not live in, but their renters will face costs. Last year, research found that people living in more poorly insulated homes would have to spend £1,000 on gas over a winter.

Chalkley said: “The one measure that would have brought down bills is the landlord energy efficiency rules. Rented accommodation is some of the worst quality and so most costly to heat with tenants having no power to insulate themselves. [This] will add to the cost of living for those struggling, not make things easier.”

Back
Top Bottom