Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Rishi Sunak's Time is Up

It's all shite, but this but is particularly fucking shit.

Landlords who already milk Tennant's can continue to save money whilst those of us who rent freeze in damp and cold properties. Fucking pricks.
please consider writing to your MP using this template:

also worth quoting from the graun piece above:

This is one of the few times where I'm in agreement with Rishi.

HS2 has been, from day one, a complete waste of time and money, it should never have been conceived, let alone built.

I'd scrap it yesterday and not give a penny compensation.

This is one of the few times where I'm in agreement with Rishi.

HS2 has been, from day one, a complete waste of time and money, it should never have been conceived, let alone built.
about
I'd scrap it yesterday and not give a penny compensation.
Compensation? What about prosecution of those responsible for this colossal waste of public money?

HS2 is about capacity not speed.

The comms have been terrible and the project has been screwed around by politicians continuously. Ideally infrastructure projects should be free from political interference so they can get done, rather than put off for a decade if the polls say nay or delay

HS2 is about capacity not speed.

The comms have been terrible and the project has been screwed around by politicians continuously. Ideally infrastructure projects should be free from political interference so they can get done, rather than put off for a decade if the polls say nay or delay
Were it about capacity, the WCML would be full and throats into other London stations impassable. Neither is true. Were it about capacity, there would never be empty seats on trains going along the WCML: there are empty seats, because passenger numbers have fallen and original projections about "peak passenger numbers" had been inflated.

There has never been a decent justification for HS2 because it's always been unjustifiable.

Aside from all the woodland that has been bulldozed it might have been justifiable if it had come in on original budget and timescale. I'm shocked I tell you that costs seem to have spiraled once they gave approval.

Were it about capacity, the WCML would be full and throats into other London stations impassable. Neither is true. Were it about capacity, there would never be empty seats on trains going along the WCML: there are empty seats, because passenger numbers have fallen and original projections about "peak passenger numbers" had been inflated.

There has never been a decent justification for HS2 because it's always been unjustifiable.
Capacity number of trains on the track not capacity occupancy of seats

Wasn't sure where to put this, maybe Ulez thread or the SUV one... but since Sunak seems to be bonfiring all the environmental policies here will do.

Anyway, new research by the brilliant 'Born in Bradford' project on air pollution and hospital admissions where I live and work.

I wonder if Sunak is looking enviously at Liz Truss and trying to get himself sacked so he can say he got squished by the blob, as opposed to just having been rubbish.
I don't think Rishi is envious of anyone. He is the richest MP and lives a life of extraordinarily privilege due to class and family connections. Not the sweat of his brow. What would he care if he loses his job? He'll get a nice pension and is made for life, as if he wasn't already.

I don't think Rishi is envious of anyone. He is the richest MP and lives a life of extraordinarily privilege due to class and family connections. Not the sweat of his brow. What would he care if he loses his job? He'll get a nice pension and is made for life, as if he wasn't already.
He'll be envious of Boris Johnson, Theresa may, Lynn truss, David Cameron and John major who no longer have to wrestle with the difficult decisions he (and they) always get wrong

He really is crap isnt he ? just fultile, detached, pointless. No diplomat, not engaging, no obvious direction. what a plonker
This is part of his "let Rishi be Rishi" relaunch prior to Conference. Stuff like this and HS2 etc fall into red light territory.

He really is crap isnt he ? just fultile, detached, pointless. No diplomat, not engaging, no obvious direction. what a plonker
Feels like they think they're going to lose so are just chucking a load of random stuff out there. Everything from a new English baccalaureate to recycling bins to banning those bulldogs. It all feels desperate and kind of weird.

Back
Top Bottom