Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Question Time tonight

I'm quite impressed that Kelvin Mackenzie managed to berate being controlled by unelected foreigners and cite his American boss wining and dining with the PM within a couple of minutes.

I am not sure why I still bother watching. It's still just the same old opposing arguements to immigration, to tax etc.
Is it time to drop it or totally change the format or change dimbelby?

So Nige bottled at last minute last week yet they give him airtime tonight instead :facepalm:
Still, at least romesh ranganathan is on this week and could make it bearable.

Hmm, from Llanelli, Stephen Crabb (don't know him), Carwyn Jones (yup), Nigel Farage (in wales why?), Leanne Wood (yup), Romesh Ranganathan (out of left field that one, wonder what Romesh will come out with). Might watch it after all just to see Romesh.

Romesh did ok, and, despite what killer b said upthread, I was surprised by the reception Farage got. But as usual with him the solution to every ill is to come out of the EU, boringly predictable. Not much joy on the steelworkers issue though, just a few politicians seemingly wringing their hands.

Romesh did ok, and, despite what killer b said upthread, I was surprised by the reception Farage got. But as usual with him the solution to every ill is to come out of the EU, boringly predictable. Not much joy on the steelworkers issue though, just a few politicians seemingly wringing their hands.
I missed it this week.

Sounds like I didn't miss much! :(

Thought Nige was is he usual loaud form. Towards the end, didn't some woman have a go at him. Don't interupt me, youve said more than enough already and now its my turn! I think it may also be same woman who said that everything he spoke about he brought it back to immigration, every time. On a similar vein, any questions was good on R4 last night. Some interesting input about the war between Hunt and the BMA.

I am not sure why I still bother watching. It's still just the same old opposing arguements to immigration, to tax etc.
Is it time to drop it or totally change the format or change dimbelby?

Yes, a new Dimbelby would be refreshing

20DIMBLEBY0206A.jpg

It was grating that during the 25 minute back-and-forth about junior doctors nobody mentioned any kind of management of demand, especially vis-à-vis "the weekend effect", for example regulation of the food and drink industry.

On BBCQT tonight :

Conservative environment secretary Elizabeth Truss MP,
Labour's shadow international development secretary Diane Abbott MP,
broadcaster Julia Hartley-Brewer,
parish priest and Guardian columnist Giles Fraser
the creator of Downton Abbey Julian Fellowes.

I expect there will be questions on the forthcoming referendum, not sure how these panellists stand on that issue.

On BBCQT tonight :

I expect there will be questions on the forthcoming referendum, not sure how these panellists stand on that issue.

Seen that one. Bloody repeats.

how can you watch such a parade of wanks wielty? Do you not find yourself tempted to smash the teles face in? Fucks sake. I'll watch QT if there is someone that might be interesting on it but 4 wanks and a funeral diretcor? no.

how can you watch such a parade of wanks wielty? Do you not find yourself tempted to smash the teles face in? Fucks sake. I'll watch QT if there is someone that might be interesting on it but 4 wanks and a funeral diretcor? no.
I haven't yet decided I will watch it .. depends on how I feel nearer the time. I missed it on the last few Thursdays, too late anyhow for me.

On BBCQT tonight :

Conservative environment secretary Elizabeth Truss MP, IN (FROM BEING ANTI)
Labour's shadow international development secretary Diane Abbott MP, IN (FROM BEING ANTI)
broadcaster Julia Hartley-Brewer, OUT
parish priest and Guardian columnist Giles Fraser OUT
the creator of Downton Abbey Julian Fellowes. ????

Eurgh it's just EU referendum centred entirely around immigration. This is all this whole referendum is going to be about isn't it? 'We got too many farkin' foreigners mate, merr' boring.

On BBCQT tonight :

Doesn't it contradict QT guidelines to have two parliamentary Tories on the panel? I know they often have a Telegraph or Mail hack in addition to an MP, but a representative from each House?

I'd say the exit crew won that debate. Sad days.

Why the hell abbott is in the shadow cabinet I don't know. Useless.

Back
Top Bottom