Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Question Time tonight

He was wearing his glasses in a way that said "I'm a pretentious cunt".

Separated at birth?

javid_3092841b.jpg

Uncle Fester
latest

l.jpg

Conservative business minister Anna Soubry MP
Labour's shadow home secretary Andy Burnham MP
former editor of Le Monde Natalie Nougayrede
Daily Mail columnist and former editor of the Daily Telegraph Sir Max Hastings
Al Jazeera English presenter Mehdi Hasan
British/Russian businessman and owner of the Independent and Evening Standard Evgeny Lebedev.

There is going to be a lot of France, IS & Syria talk I imagine.

For a professional politician it really is a thing of wonder just how desperately mystified Anna Soubry can appear when anyone disagrees with her.
I don't know why the tories keep putting her up for QT.

I don't think anyone likes her and she is a little dim, poor lamb.

Anyone who's good has a real job to do. They couldn't give a fuck about qt cause it's totally meaningless.

Surely it is important to keep up appearances with voters?

Audience figures for Question Time are usually around 2.7 million.

On 14 May 2009, Question Time discussed the MPs' expenses row, with audience members heckling guest panellists Menzies Campbell and Margaret Beckett, the Labour MP, who was booed by the audience for insisting that her expenses were her privilege. The TV audience reached 3.8 million.[32][33]

3.4 million people watched in 2003 for the declaration of the war on Iraq.

The highest audience figures to date, however, were recorded when Nick Griffin of the BNP appeared in an episode on 22 October 2009; the audience reaching 7.9 million viewers.
Question Time (TV series) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

and yet they clearly don't give a fuck, hence sending makeweights like Soubry on.

why do you think this is? Do you think it's a) because they don't know what they're doing, or b)
they've assessed how worthwhile it is to have someone decent on QT every time, and concluded it's not?

You should remember, there isn't an unlimited pool of competent, media savvy people in parliament - maybe 4 or 5 on each side - and they tend to be busy on stuff that matters, like dismantling the welfare state.

The people who watch QT are for the most part already divided down party lines, there's nothing happens on there that will change anyone's mind.

I have noticed that similarity as well. I think perhaps gruesome is going a bit far, don't try to make her seem interesting - she isn't.
Thought tonight's Question Time was rather more interesting than usual.At times the studio audience seemed to have more to contribute than the panellists who didn't seem to get beyond Max Hastings view that it would be a good idea in the short term to do nothing at all.

Back
Top Bottom