Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Question Time tonight

Charles Moore must've surely disinvited himself from any future edition, after his diatribe at the beginning. Citing a hard Brexit think tank that doesn't reveal its funding as a reliable source is quite low, although this is a man who last framed Prince Charles as a respected climatologist.

According to Twitter the chair blatantly lied by claiming that the tories are ahead in the opinion polls. I don't know 'cos I don't watch it. True or false?

Further fallout on this specific issue:

Diane Abbott rejects BBC's response to Question Time claims, 21 January 2019

BBC admits Fiona Bruce's correction in Diane Abbott row didn't go far enough, 19 April 2019

Some linguistic analysis of the broadcast was conducted shortly after it was broadcast:

Professor Susan Hunston OBE, PhD FAcSS: Language in the News - Diane Abbott on (17 January 2019 edition of) Question Time, 21 January 2019

Very rare for me to do this, but I watchesd the end of QT tonight -- last couple of questions.

Who the fuck is this John Rhys-Davis lunatic? I'd never heard of him, but his brain was exploding on public TV!! :eek:
You missed a treat. He was basically apoplectic throughout, without the table thumping. I had to look him up, Actor in Lord of the rings, Indiana Jones. Far left in his youth but turned when his heckles to thatcher were bounced back and it impressed him!

That was a compelling watch last night.

Aside from Gimli's poundshop Brian Blessed impression - and spectacular tantrum about some book that Lucas hadn't read...

...the anger in the audience was palpable. A level of hostility I've not seen on the show before.:thumbs:

Finally, climate change and the environment gets the billing on QT it ought to have most weeks, and it was partially hijacked by someone who claimed decreasing CO2 levels would threaten plant life. Have the Beeb not remembered the lessons learnt from letting Nigel Lawson pontificate his unsubstantiated theorems?

Aside from Gimli's poundshop Brian Blessed impression - and spectacular tantrum about some book that Lucas hadn't read...

...the anger in the audience was palpable. A level of hostility I've not seen on the show before.:thumbs:
It was a compelling watch-Bruce will be thinking she has her feet properly under the table after that.Particularly enjoyed the bit where a member of the audience told Gimli he wasn't interested in what he had to say cos he was an actor not a politician.

he was also in sliders

1448146721882.jpg

life imitating art it appears

;)

It was a compelling watch-Bruce will be thinking she has her feet properly under the table after that.Particularly enjoyed the bit where a member of the audience told Gimli he wasn't interested in what he had to say cos he was an actor not a politician.
Thing is, they only put him on because they new he would blow a fuse, which presumably is what someone thinks makes good telly, but I'm not convinced that is what QT should be about.
I'm a big LoTR fan and it rankles with me that this arsewipe was in it.

ah just a shame the he was also treebeard..

at least gimli had a bit of redemption in getting over his hatred of elf's

Thing is, they only put him on because they new he would blow a fuse, which presumably is what someone thinks makes good telly, but I'm not convinced that is what QT should be about.
I'm a big LoTR fan and it rankles with me that this arsewipe was in it.

QT has always been about entertainment; "non-scripted" entertainment is the term for it.

Yes, it was incendiary, but also showing a very divided country.

Back
Top Bottom