Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Pro Cycling 2021

beesonthewhatnow

going deaf for a living
Might as well get this going. Will be interesting to see how the calendar pans out...

For now, enjoy this footage of WvA displaying a quite ridiculous combination of power and bike handling during a rather muddy CX World Cup course...

Missed yesterday but men's race is at 2.10pm GMT, free on UCI website, YouTube and Facebook. Did I get that right?

I don't really care who wins as it's mighty unlikely Stybar will get a third title but good to see him ride it.
I’m looking forward to seeing what Pidcock can do.

Van Aert was superb in the sand in the first couple of laps; now he is dismounting more than vdP. Still close 6/8

GCN have just launched GCN+, which looks like it's combining last years Racepass with a load more non-racing content. Existing Racepass customers get it automatically, if not there's a £20 offer on which is a bargain - you're effectively getting all the Eurosport cycling coverage plus a load more content.

Watching the Movistar film from 2019 'The Least Expected Day' on Netflix. Pretty good viewing - would be ideal for a long-haul flight.. Just covered the Giro. Tour de France up next. lolz...

I binged that over the weekend. Cracked me up every time the DS would scream about having big cojones.
I enjoyed it it but it there wasn't as much vitriol as I thought there might be.

And here we go again :facepalm:

The Alpecin-Fenix team of Mathieu van der Poel has withdrawn from the UAE Tour. The news comes less than 24-hours after van der Poel had roared to sprint victory in the race’s opening stage Sunday to take the first leader’s jersey.

“The team was notified of one positive result of a member of its staff from the round of tests conducted on Sunday evening, 21st of February,” read a statement ahead of stage 2, Monday.

“Upon receiving the results, the person immediately went into isolation, and all those who came into contact with this person are self-isolating, in compliance with the protocol measures put in place by the race organizers and UAE Health Authorities. All team members will undertake further tests in the coming days, while they remain in isolation.”

Saw Froomey doing an interview in the Guardian today so just looked up the results for today's UAE Tour stage 2 time trial . 1:36 down on Ganna. I can't see him winning anything this year. I know he's there in support but he's not going to improve that much over the season. It's an incredible recovery though from near death to just being back at all.

Nowhere seems to be showing the Omloop on Saturday. Kinda weird not to have coverage of the Opening Day. Plus it's a WT event.
Hopefully GCN are doing some haggling and it'll appear on the schedule.

Excited for Le Samyn (it's only a 1.1 but hard as hell) and Strade Bianche the week after.

GCN have at the last minute secured the rights to show both the men’s and women’s Omloop :cool:

They’ve also just launched the FireTV app, so no more having to faff with a phone/casting if you’ve got a Firestick/TV.

Can’t recommend GCN+ enough, you can still get it for £20 until Sunday, which for more racing than you can possibly watch, plus a whole ton of genuinely good feature length documentaries is an absolute bargain.

Yeah I've been enjoying watching the Sportswash Tour every morning this week. Two wins for Sam Bennett so far with Morkov in unbelievable form. Other trains just do not know how to deal with him.

All that hyped talent at INEOS and Jake Stewart gets a podium with none of them in the top ten. Anyway, forza Ballerini - what a great addition to the Quickstep classics squad.

Back
Top Bottom