Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Prince Harry

There must be 1000s of Hotel Royals or The Royal Hotel.
They've not been sued yet

They have got that covered in the guide. What Harry and Megham wanted to be up to is a bit different as people are likely to think the term "Royal" denotes a connection or authorisation with the Royal family. A snake selling youngster calling himself Sussex Royals is unlikely to have created an impression amongst his customers he has HM's approval.

So your theory is that if Harry carries on using “Sussex Royal” a a brand, Brenda will have him arrested?

Anyone can start a prosecution. People had already put in objections to the trademark registration with the IPO. I suspect what has happened is that they were told Brenda wouldn't state she had given authority for them using the term.

Anyone can start a prosecution. People had already put in objections to the trademark registration with the IPO. I suspect what has happened is that they were told Brenda wouldn't state she had given authority for them using the term.
They won’t even make the blatant nonce Andrew talk to the cops about his nonce mates. I don’t think they’re going to be hauling Harry in front of the beak for calling himself a royal.

Apparently Queenie doesnt approve of anyone gaining financially by using their "royal" status so they've been asked / told to remove the word "royal" from all their branding.

Maybe they could just add an e to it?

Sussex Royale... lol...
McDonalds gets away with it on its French franchises so there is precedence...

Incidentally, a new season of The Windsors starts tomorrow on C4. I didn't find the first series a few years ago particularly amusing but boy, have they got new ammunition to play with since.... :D

Apparently Queenie doesnt approve of anyone gaining financially by using their "royal" status so they've been asked / told to remove the word "royal" from all their branding.

Maybe they could just add an e to it?

Sussex Royale... lol...

Brenda herself has done alright financially out her royal status IIRC.

There must be 1000s of Hotel Royals or The Royal Hotel.
They've not been sued yet

Didn't they have to give-up trying a few years back after it turned-out that the hotel chosen for the test case had actually been permitted to use "Royal" by Edward VII when he was Prince of Wales and on a shooting/dirty weekend?

Seems he and numerous other Royals had dished-out this particular privilege very freely over the centuries.

Incidentally, a new season of The Windsors starts tomorrow on C4. I didn't find the first series a few years ago particularly amusing but boy, have they got new ammunition to play with since.... :D

It was OK, although fairly obvious stuff - Harry is thick, Charles wants to be king, etc. They seemed scared to lambast Brenda herself, which was disappointing. She gets too much of a free ride.

It was OK, although fairly obvious stuff - Harry is thick, Charles wants to be king, etc. They seemed scared to lambast Brenda herself, which was disappointing. She gets too much of a free ride.
They absolutely nail what I think Beatrice and Eugenie are like though.

Back
Top Bottom