Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Prince Harry

Try my best to avoid all royal family bollocks but it’s been hard to ignore the tidal wave of thinly veiled racist invective being hurled at Meghan by the vermin media and the legions of gammon-boomer scum on social media. The intensity of the hatred directed at her has basically driven her out of royal life.

An apt reminder that the Monarchy has white supremacy baked into it DNA just as much as it has class privilege and power. It stands as the continuity of British empire and all the racial ordering entailed therein. Boot-licking monarchist shitheads could for this reason never except Meghan as part of the club.

I don't know how raising a child in that atmosphere would ever be a good thing. Abolishing the monarchy might be the best thing that ever happened to the royals, although they probably wouldn't agree in the short-term. Keeping them around for tourism and "tradition" can't be worth it for them or the taxpayers.

Tbf they don't keep them around for tourism or tradition, it's because ultimately the monarch does have executive powers, she's basically last line of defence for those cunts

I have some sympathy with that view - it's not a life I'd choose and I'd run a bloody mile from any kind of public life - I think the problem they are going to have is that they don't appear to be running away and living a normal life on a farm in Manitoba a days drive from the nearest shop, they seem to think they can live a kind of hybrid Royal/Celeb/private life where they are Royal when they choose to be and private when not, only dealing with favoured (and presumably high paying) media and on their terms, and also being a commercial entity.

It appears to be a very badly thought out plan with little room for anything but that which they wish to be true - no thought for the Recency Act, or their security costs and who will pay for them, no real thought about how they will navigate the rather difficult line between Royal, Celeb/influencer, and private family apart from 'everyone will love us!'. I'm afraid they will start off as a hybrid of the Duke and Duchess of Windsor and the Kardashian, and end up as Katie Price.
You, my friend, keep making erudite, well thought out and intelligent posts.
This has to stop! This is a place for extreme views and bunfights

It's not a non-story because the royals are sort of representative of the country in a weird posh way, a posh version of canaries in a coal mine - peacocks on a pedestal? And it's not a good sign that one of them has decided to leave due to the messed up media and racism/anti immigrant crap.

That's his uncle nonce.

Or his brother who was a pilot but not a nonce.

What was this one then, the world's most underused sniper or something

Army. Dunno much more than that except that he did go on tours to Afghanistan. TBH both him and William seem to be doing pretty good stuff with the immense privilege they have, and you can dislike the institution of monarchy without disliking the individuals in it.

I fear the commas and speech marks may be misplaced in this instance though.

The Bushes? The Trumps?

The Clintons, probably a few Kennedy's still kicking about too somewhere.

There's actually a Monarchist forum out there somewhere where they basically wank over the prospect of Royals gaining power anywhere - Habsburgs coming back, new Emperor in China, French Kings or whatever. Read a thread there about the US where they were split between wanting the Windsors back and wanting a royal family of their own, Bushes were mentioned. This could be their chance.

Read a thread there about the US where they were split between wanting the Windsors back and wanting a royal family of their own, Bushes were mentioned. This could be their chance.

For a long time these plans were on ice because it was deemed essential for any US royals to have their own reality tv show to promote their status, and those things have a shelf life which would probably drag the royal household down with it when the time came. Now things have evolved they figure they might just be able to get away with Instagram instead, and the idea of a sustainable royalty across the pond seems just that tad more plausible. Then again, 'Bullet Magnet does America' doesnt necessarily sound like the sort of franchise where the original star spends a long time in the role before their character lives up to their nickname.

As far as I can see on twitter Meghan haters sport St. George’s crosses, are brexiteers and god save the queen, support our troops wankers

its quite something to override Harry’s Military service ”support our troops” and the monarchy in general “god save the Queen”

wots done it........

i struggle with how I feel about the U.K. population. Is it a filthy right wing media playing to an already bigoted audience or are U.K. PLC so fucking dumb they just get spoon fed this shit

feels like I’m living amongst the enemy, and that’s saying something as I’ve spent my entire working life in war/conflict zones and third world countries and never felt this

Last edited:
Even if I were the most fervent monarchist I think I'd think that there was a definite oversupply of balding fete-openers and honorary regimental colonels and so on. How many do they need? After their obligatory stints in the forces, with greater or lesser success, the male royals, which now number Charles, Andrew (now not so much) Edward, William and Harry, with their respective offspring joining their ranks in a couple of decades, represent far too many people on the pay-roll. Without a clear reason for the existence of so many of them. It is a bit thinned out by Andrew's 'departure' and Harry's too is welcome in terms of the firm's viability. The women follow a similar pattern: Anne seemed to keep herself busy being the patron of this and that but Andy's ludicrous pretension that his girls could play a role as royal princesses and take end-to-end holidays won't prosper now. He's fucked it for them too. So a bit of a cull.

So perhaps this little thinning-out won't harm the monarchy at all. They've let go a couple of reps from their ever growing work-force, that's all. It might even help.

As far as I can see on twitter Meghan haters sport St. George’s crosses, are brexiteers and god save the queen, support our troops wankers

its quite something to override Harry’s Military service ”support our troops” and the monarchy in general “god save the Queen”

wots done it........

i struggle with how I feel about the U.K. population. Is it a filthy right wing media playing to an already bigoted audience or are U.K. PLC so fucking dumb they just get spoon fed this shit

feels like I’m living amongst the enemy, and that’s saying something as I’ve spent my entire working life in war/conflict zones and third world countries

Country that never put white man and his empire to bed. Place is fucking filled with silences and stories from the shadows. Museums filled with loot and exceptionalism ingrained.

Seriously fucked. Can you imagine the Redfern Address coming from a British PM or monarch? I can only imagine what happened as the returnees from Empire slid back into their home counties nests and boosted Powell while engaging in all the revolting and exploitative practices that Empire allowed. No wonder so many paedos had so much reign in the UK.

Back
Top Bottom