Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Prince Andrew, Duke of York, named in underage 'sex slave' lawsuit

So if public opinion believed that all foreigners, leftists, rebellious types, etc should be publicly executed, you'd respect that? Is there no separating right from wrong, justice from injustice, in your worldview, or is it all just a numbers game?
Within bounds of agreed international human rights, yes.

Whether Andrew broke the law is immaterial.

His behavior was vile, and he should not have any place whatever in UK public life.

What a clusterfuck the Queen's children have been, with the exception of Edward.

I can just imagine the late D of Es comments when he heard about Andrew, it would have been along the lines of 'What the fuck next?'

Edward :D what fucking incredibly low bar you have set

I ‘d be interested to know who is advising these lizards. Patently they must be ultra posh inbred scum just to get near the royals

queenie must be losing her mind now, charles is so tone deaf to reality he needs a steer. The rest are just hanging on as either “gooduns” or “villains”

who sits down and talks strategically about the royals future with them, who steers this fucking lame donkey family.

Btw, getting rid of the monarchy is perfectly achievable. Very probably won't happen as along as Liz is still on the throne, but that can't be for much longer. On Urban we talk about far more difficult things to achieve than a bit of constitutional reform.

Within bounds of agreed international human rights, yes.
You do realise that "agreed international human rights" is a minimal standard. Governments (including the UK government) continually duck under this extremely low bar. How about aspirational standards for society as a whole? Or maybe you just prefer lowest common denominators - love the queen, read the Daily Mail, vote SNP/Labour/Tory/Lib Dem.

To see how far these cunts have gone, back in 2009 there was a shock when Charles' harpist turned out to be a burgling smackhead and polite society was all in a tizzy that such a person could get so close to the prince of Wales. What seemed to leave no one fucking agog is that Charles has a harpist. What, 30-40 grand a year to have someone twang a harp as you waft past, in a world where some people die every day of starvation as they are too poor to buy food.

To see how far these cunts have gone, back in 2009 there was a shock when Charles' harpist turned out to be a burgling smackhead and polite society was all in a tizzy that such a person could get so close to the prince of Wales. What seemed to leave no one fucking agog is that Charles has a harpist. What, 30-40 grand a year to have someone twang a harp as you waft past, in a world where some people die every day of starvation as they are too poor to buy food.
The Queen has her own bagpiper too

You do realise that "agreed international human rights" is a minimal standard. Governments (including the UK government) continually duck under this extremely low bar. How about aspirational standards for society as a whole? Or maybe you just prefer lowest common denominators - love the queen, read the Daily Mail, vote SNP/Labour/Tory/Lib Dem.
The European Convention is pretty enforcible.

Btw, getting rid of the monarchy is perfectly achievable. Very probably won't happen as along as Liz is still on the throne, but that can't be for much longer. On Urban we talk about far more difficult things to achieve than a bit of constitutional reform.
I have nothing invested in the monarchy (I think an independent Scotland would deal with
the matter differently as she/he has no effective lower over Scottish law)

But how would it happen. Please describe the process

There isn't a hard line between facts and opinions. (And that's a fact in my opinion.)

Talking about achievability, I'm not sure what you hope to achieve here. You're not going to change an opinion by pointing out that it's an opinion.
Fact and opinion differ greatly. If you do not understand the words, don't expect to be taken seriously.

I have nothing invested in the monarchy (I think an independent Scotland would deal with
the matter differently as she/he has no effective lower over Scottish law)

But how would it happen. Please describe the process

Popular opinion turns against the monarchy, government under pressure offers a referendum and republicans win it. Much like Brexit. We may even see a Republican Party applying voting pressure in a similar way UKIP did, and I would suggest that a large part of the reason the public tend to favour the monarchy is lack of exposure to republican arguments.

I don't see it happening in the immediate, but I would be surprised if it doesn't happen in the next 20 years. I mean come on, just look at the state of it.

Fact and opinion differ greatly. If you do not understand the words, don't expect to be taken seriously.

The concepts are distinct enough, but in practice you may have a certain amount of evidence to back up your opinion. And that's why people discuss opinions. Pointing out that an opinion is an opinion is effectively just sticking your fingers in your ears.

The European Convention is pretty enforcible.
And how enforceable it is, is open to debate. To say any government observes the ECHR is not saying much either, as it sets human rights at a very low bar, basic, or the best you can get with a bunch of merciless governments. Are ECHR minimum standards the best you can offer?

And how enforceable it is, is open to debate. To say any government observes the ECHR is not saying much either, as it sets human rights at a very low bar, basic, or the best you can get with a bunch of merciless governments. Are ECHR minimum standards the best you can offer?
Enforcement was quite strict at Guantanamo bay, I hear, although not in Europe.

Back
Top Bottom