Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Post your most controversial food/drink opinions

Melted butter on toast is rank. Toast should be left to go cold before buttering it.
For a second I thought I had actually written this post.

If toast isn't meant to be cold before being buttered what's this:

81+f-BFho8L._SX425_.jpg
?

If toast was meant to be warm you'd think there would be a common piece of kitchenware for keeping it warm but no, cooling racks. You're all wrong (except for moomoo of course).

Can live without the first and will actively avoid the rest TBH. Jelly has already been mentioned but jellatinus food stuffs in general are knawsiating horrors. Not really controversial though I spose.
One of the finest aspects of Chinese cuisine is that texture is valued as much as flavour. There are many dishes with gelatinous or even slimy consistency that take a bit of getting used to for western palates but are totally worth persevering with.

For a second I thought I had actually written this post.

If toast isn't meant to be cold before being buttered what's this:

View attachment 191127
?

If toast was meant to be warm you'd think there would be a common piece of kitchenware for keeping it warm but no, cooling racks. You're all wrong (except for moomoo of course).
My toaster has a thing that helps keep toast warm, and it has a reheat option.

One of the finest aspects of Chinese cuisine is that texture is valued as much as flavour. There are many dishes with gelatinous or even slimy consistency that take a bit of getting used to for western palates but are totally worth persevering with.
Case in point the sticky stewed aubergine at My Old Place in Liverpool St. If you're ever there order it.

Tbf 90% of their customers are spectacularly rude too. I wouldnt want to wait tables in there.
I guess it balances out when everyone is spectacularly rude. I don't mind it too much. tbh the service I most hate is the overly grovelling kind. It makes me suspect they're probably gobbing in the soup. No danger of grovelling in MOP. :D

I'm pretty sure it's the one that used to be in Bethnal Green where me and Orang Utan gorged on pigs ringpieces.
That sounds more like the Chinese barbecue halfway up Bethnal Green Road. Haven't been there in over a decade though. The Old Place was right on petticoat lane market for a very long time.

That sounds more like the Chinese barbecue halfway up Bethnal Green Road. Haven't been there in over a decade though. The Old Place was right on petticoat lane market for a very long time.
It was called Gourmet San on Bethnal Green Rd,.

Back
Top Bottom