Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Post your most controversial food/drink opinions

I was once temporarily paralysed by some cider we bought in a plastic jerrycan outside a farm gate in Cheddar. Then we thought cows were in the bedroom.

We were sitting in some tiny pub somewhere where the pints of scrumpy could be passed down to us from the bar. It's the only time I've been legless: I've been pissed plenty of times but that was the only occasion I've been drunk from the thighs downwards, we simply couldn't stand up.

Alcohol is alcohol, it shouldn't be so different depending on the form it takes. But snakebite? Scrumpy? Fuller's ESB back in my London day?

Scrumpy is weird

Different. Puri bread is like a deep fried paratha. Bhatura in Punjabi. They puff up into a ball so they can clog your arteries more efficiently.

bhatura-56a510d53df78cf772862c65.jpg

Channa puri is one of my litmus tests for a good Indian place, the other being lamb madras.

"Korma" :mad: If you order korma and ask for it not to be spicy, then don't go out for curry.
That depends on where you're eating and whether you know what Korma means. It's only really in the UK that Korma has become synonymous with bland yellow gravy. "Korma" is actually the method used to cook the meat. It means it's cooked slowly, very similar to braizing.
It is usually a yoghurt or cream sauce, with the spices cooked in ghee and added later, but with a proper "Korma", the sauce can be anything from mild to proper spicy hot, and can contain a variety of ingredients, so someone asking for a mild Korma might actually know what Korma means ;)

also believe Ham and Pineapple to be one of the greatest pizzas ever so it’s good to see there appears to be plenty of support for it on this thread.
One of my favourite ever pizzas was the Peking duck and hoisin sauce one from the local takeaway when I lived in SW London.

That depends on where you're eating and whether you know what Korma means. It's only really in the UK that Korma has become synonymous with bland yellow gravy. "Korma" is actually the method used to cook the meat. It means it's cooked slowly, very similar to braizing.
It is usually a yoghurt or cream sauce, with the spices cooked in ghee and added later, but with a proper "Korma", the sauce can be anything from mild to proper spicy hot, and can contain a variety of ingredients, so someone asking for a mild Korma might actually know what Korma means ;)
Yes. Korma here has just become a term for a mild curry with cream and ground nuts. Nothing to do with the original dish.

Breakfast is srs business. It's not for enjoying yourself.

Plum tomatoes straight from the tin, I trust. And you'll have your egg just as I cook it.

Back
Top Bottom