Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Political polling

I don't really care at this point how many seats Labour get, as long as they have a majority. My ideal scenario is a good showing for the Greens (4 seats and a vote share of 8%+), JC wins Islington North, a poor result for Reform (Zero seats ideally, or just Clacton, and a vote share less than the LDs)

But I suspect Reform are going to do well tbh.
I think my least bad outcome would be a minority Labour government, reliant on Yellow scum or SNP. Probably not much different in terms of the neoliberal outcomes we'll get, but a 2 term Starmer government with large majority will be very bad for the Labour movement. Its what we'll get though.

Do you have a sense of what it is they like about Reform?
I did the electoral calculus quiz with my class (13-15y/is) today. mainly green/lab, a few lib dems which is very funny to me. few centrists and few reforms.

the kids who are into reform are funny because they're very much against reforms immigration policies (which imo is all reform are offering). they were shocked to hear that their support of immigration was in line with the green party. unfortunately I think they're very online and have been sucked into the manosphere/anti-woke agenda stuff, don't really understand the implications of tax, how its raised and what its spent on and don't care about climate change.

ive mentioned it on other threads but lots of the boys (even the liberal/left lot) watch these nonsense podcasts with meatheads shouting about trans people and 15 minute cites etc and that is strongly shaping their policies. the majority will repeat homophobic/transphobic talking points as if they're common sense.

If that poll is correct, all we need is five MPs to defect to the lib dems to make them the official opposition. Not a totally unimaginable situation in the next five years.

I did the electoral calculus quiz with my class (13-15y/is) today. mainly green/lab, a few lib dems which is very funny to me. few centrists and few reforms.

the kids who are into reform are funny because they're very much against reforms immigration policies (which imo is all reform are offering). they were shocked to hear that their support of immigration was in line with the green party. unfortunately I think they're very online and have been sucked into the manosphere/anti-woke agenda stuff, don't really understand the implications of tax, how its raised and what its spent on and don't care about climate change.

ive mentioned it on other threads but lots of the boys (even the liberal/left lot) watch these nonsense podcasts with meatheads shouting about trans people and 15 minute cites etc and that is strongly shaping their policies. the majority will repeat homophobic/transphobic talking points as if they're common sense.
all of the kids who use tiktok said they'd seen reform adds. agree with whoever said it upthread that the far right are great at gaming the algorithm.

I think my least bad outcome would be a minority Labour government, reliant on Yellow scum or SNP. Probably not much different in terms of the neoliberal outcomes we'll get, but a 2 term Starmer government with large majority will be very bad for the Labour movement. Its what we'll get though.
That would be my least bad outcome too, but it's clearly not going to happen, hence I have moved on to something more realistic.

That would be my least bad outcome too, but it's clearly not going to happen, hence I have moved on to something more realistic.
Yep, I'd like to think the Labour Party taking up the stick to crush people even further would generate... something. But can't see any likely scenarios yet.

all of the kids who use tiktok said they'd seen reform adds. agree with whoever said it upthread that the far right are great at gaming the algorithm.
I wonder if the Chinese owners have a hand in this? A bit of division in western countries is probably desirable
yellow scum would sooner jump into a coalition with the vermin again, so that probably won’t happen.

I wonder if the Chinese owners have a hand in this? A bit of division in western countries is probably desirable

yellow scum would sooner jump into a coalition with the vermin again, so that probably won’t happen.
i assume its more the 'any interaction is good for the algorithm' kinda thing. hate watches are just as good for them as any other kinds of viewing. at least, that's the issue with youtube and twitter. ive managed to avoid tiktok. in this environment, being a bigot really helps.

i also think this is why jso get so much traction online, just a shame much of their target audience are so scared of their tactics (but thats for another thread)

...yellow scum would sooner jump into a coalition with the vermin again, so that probably won’t happen.

I doubt that. I'd say the SNP were as likely to enter into a coalition with the Tories, and I'd put the likelihood of that at about the same as Kirsty Wark and Kirsty Young asking me out for dinner and a threesome.

Electoral Calculus has my seat of Brigg and Immingham at 0.1% Labour over Tories (35% to 34.9%). Gonna be tight as a gnat's chuff. It's a new seat due to boundary changes and incumbent/implied MP Martin Vickers might be out of a job come tomorrow morning. Reform predicted 19% but who knows? I suspect it'll be more than that tbh. One to watch.

Electoral Calculus has my seat of Brigg and Immingham at 0.1% Labour over Tories (35% to 34.9%). Gonna be tight as a gnat's chuff. It's a new seat due to boundary changes and incumbent/implied MP Martin Vickers might be out of a job come tomorrow morning. Reform predicted 19% but who knows? I suspect it'll be more than that tbh. One to watch.
Hopefully reform as high as possible then as they take more tory than labour votes. Obviously not high enough to win.

Back
Top Bottom