Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Political polling

I haven’t seen an average of the MRPs, but I thought they were generally showing a lower number for Tory’s than 131
I just checked and the average is around 105-110 seats for the Tories, so not too far out given the exit poll is showing about 120 seats as too close to call.

I just checked and the average is around 105-110 seats for the Tories, so not too far out given the exit poll is showing about 120 seats as too close to call.
I predicted tories on 111 (actually I put something else on the thread a bit higher actually, but later decided 111).

I'm thinking the polls are likely overestimating the Labour vote. People who say they are likely to vote Labour may very well just not on election day due to
1) a lack of enthusiasm for Starmer/Labour making Labour's vote soft
2) a reduced and demoralised activist base failing to get the vote out
3) that Starmer/Labour are bad at campaigning failing + playing it safe and thus failing to win over uncertain voters
4) complacency with respect to getting the Tories out.

There are other factors reducing the Labour vote of course such as disgust over Gaza, but that should already be reflected in the polls.

The complacency factor could be a real killer. People tell pollsters that they are likely to vote Labour and mean it, but come the day they might just not.

In my head when I see polls I subtract 5 points from Labour.

However, these factors are most likely to be in play in safe seats. And whereas the Labour vote maybe overestimated that vote will likely be more "efficient" than predicted. The Tories are still absolutely stuffed.

Well I got this wrong. I should haven subtracted about 7 points from Labour.

So now the starmerbots are in charge, how long do we reckon it'll take before labour are overtaken in the polls? And which party will overtake them? :hmm:

Surely, there is going to be a honeymoon period? then which one of the two Tory Parties will overtake them? - I don't think Labour will be overtaken for ages.

So now the starmerbots are in charge, how long do we reckon it'll take before labour are overtaken in the polls? And which party will overtake them? :hmm:

I think there is going to be a significant honeymoon period so long as no scandals emerge (we still don't know what Titchy Rich was trying to avoid by calling an early election). Boring men and women in grey suits are in charge and I suspect that will work for a time, even if Farage and Anderson try shooting fireworks out of their arses for attention.

Back
Top Bottom