Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Political polling

2015 was a massive high water mark for the SNP though. That's unlikely to be repeated.

Re Edinburgh South and Ian Murray btw, an interesting article here

‘We are running this campaign as a marginal seat’ – Ian Murray’s Edinburgh South battle

That's my seat. Ian Murray's constituency office has floor-to-ceiling campaign posters on the side of it and the word 'Labour' does not appear once. If I remember I'll try to take a photo on my way to work tomorrow.

IMG_20191125_170932.jpg

What party is he standing for? WHO KNOWS

Also that polling does suggest some movement from brexit party to labour (yeah I know it's one poll)

That's what happened in 2017, I think. And yes, Welsh Labour are shite, and yes, some will no doubt convince themselves this is happening 'despite' Corbyn, but I'd love to see the leftwards pressure a Corbyn government could exert on them. Particularly as Plaid seem to have regressed into a pile of corporation tax-reducing toss.

Quite a surge for Labour in Wales. Keep going at this rate and they could possibly hold on to Gower and Cardiff North and maybe (please please please) unseat Cairns in Vale of Glamorgan.
Not what was claimed on news at midday. BBC claimed labour could lose most of it's seats in Wales apart from a few in the south. :eek:

Quite a surge for Labour in Wales. Keep going at this rate and they could possibly hold on to Gower and Cardiff North and maybe (please please please) unseat Cairns in Vale of Glamorgan.

My drinking mate Eddie (ward Labour organiser in the bit of Gower that's most in Swansea) said yesterday they're having few problems in Gower -- overall, not just in the Swansea bit only.
He has lots of volunteers, several of whom he's been encouraging to go into the more rural/Toryish bits.

I'll be helping with a leaflet drop (a new Antoniazzi one) in his area on Friday :)

Not what was claimed on news at midday. BBC claimed labour could lose most of it's seats in Wales apart from a few in the south. :eek:

If that poll Labour might lose four seats, a month ago the polls indicated that they could lose nine. Now with very marginal swings they could hold some of the four, and if the surge continues at 2017 pace maybe, just, make a gain (this is unlikely, but the Vale has some ahem personality issues in the race)
It's utter bullshit that Labour will get wiped out in Wales, but also this new poll came out at 5pm.

Seems so yes. Tomorrow at 10pm YouGov release their MRP poll which is the one that predicted a hung parliament last time. Should give us a much better idea of where things stand.

Or, at least where things stood at the time of the fieldwork...
Crucial point; esp. given their assumptions about predicted turn-out by age cohort.
Where the fieldwork end point is along this line will also be important; of the 366k of voters registering yesterday, the vast majority were <35 years of age.

upload_2019-11-26_9-41-40.png

The higher number of younger voters registering will partly be indicative of younger people generally moving about more, insecure tenancies, students etc. People tend to settle down in one place as they get older, or be part of the ‘home owning generation’ so won’t need to reregister, whereas someone who has moved to a new rented place will need to sign up again.

I saw on Twitter that there was a huge spike in people accessing the registration site in the early hours, which might have been a failed attempt to knock it over. Fortunately it’s quite a robust site, but a little worrying that someone would try.

The higher number of younger voters registering will partly be indicative of younger people generally moving about more, insecure tenancies, students etc. People tend to settle down in one place as they get older, or be part of the ‘home owning generation’ so won’t need to reregister, whereas someone who has moved to a new rented place will need to sign up again.

I saw on Twitter that there was a huge spike in people accessing the registration site in the early hours, which might have been a failed attempt to knock it over. Fortunately it’s quite a robust site, but a little worrying that someone would try.
Are you referring to the Stormzy moment (clearly visible on the usage graph)?

upload_2019-11-26_9-52-19.png

Are you referring to the Stormzy moment (clearly visible on the usage graph)?

View attachment 191069

It was something around 4am I think, which seemed an odd time to be using the site, but might just be fake news bollocks (although the person tweeting it wasn’t claiming a grand conspiracy or screaming Russia, seemed pretty legit)

It was something around 4am I think, which seemed an odd time to be using the site, but might just be fake news bollocks (although the person tweeting it wasn’t claiming a grand conspiracy or screaming Russia, seemed pretty legit)
Doesn't show on the usage graph.
Stormzy tweeted just after 7pm and the peak shows the response.

Britain Elects' updated tracker poll of polls:

upload_2019-11-26_16-36-38.png

With only a few % of the BP left to squeeze, it's even clearer now that voting LD in anything other than about 13 Tory held/LD marginals (below) is probably the best way to secure a 'hard', tory Brexit.

upload_2019-11-26_16-41-10.png

And of course the seats the lib dems hold which are vulnerable to the tories. I don't know how many there are of those but there does appear to be an option for that in the polling but its a screenshot with no hyperlink.

I know predicting anything politically is a fools game these days but I'd bet the house on Zac Goldsmith being out of a job just before Christmas. Racist wanker.

Back
Top Bottom