Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Political polling

It won't come to pass, of course, but it might cut a few more of the strands holding up the sword that sits over May's neck.
Doubt that it will, but the wounds inflicted will dog the vermin for a long while.

Survation are in:

D6nB5YxW4AUs-Uu.png

The LDs would support whatever party suited their factional advantage, so if the numbers were right and the offer big enough, then of course they'd support a Labour government.

That 18% "Brexit Party" lead from YouGov is surely the freakiest, and i still think it's an outlier :hmm:
OTWT, but if they're calling the differential turnout correctly...who knows...they may be on to something. I mean, are Lab supporters really going to be arsed to get off down to the polling station to support their Leavy/Remainy party?

OTWT, but if they're calling the differential turnout correctly...who knows...they may be on to something. I mean, are Lab supporters really going to be arsed to get off down to the polling station to support their Leavy/Remainy party?

Fair point, and tbh, when I posted the above, I was actually thinking about differential turnout, and wondering how much that would have an effect next week -- in this particular election.

On the other hand though, Labour must still be reasonably OK at the traditional, old style "getting the vote out" thing, even in the most unpromising of elections?? :confused:

Fair point, and tbh, when I posted the above, I was actually thinking about differential turnout, and wondering how much that would have an effect next week -- in this particular election.

On the other hand though, Labour must still be reasonably OK at the traditional, old style "getting the vote out" thing, even in the most unpromising of elections?? :confused:
Hmmm...I hearing quite a few tales of Lab activist attitudes/behaviour not too dissimilar to the tory activist strike going on atm. Not sure the fabled ground-war will be as effective as normal.

Hmmm...I hearing quite a few tales of Lab activist attitudes/behaviour not too dissimilar to the tory activist strike going on atm. Not sure the fabled ground-war will be as effective as normal.

Oh true, nothing like the 2017 GE or anything. But the Tory strike will be near to all-out which will slightly help Labour ....maybe?

There isn't any on-the-ground campaigning or door knocking for the euros. everyone is still fucked from the locals last week.
Londoners & other Metro CLPs don't have that excuse, though. I just don't think that the troops are too keen to go over the top for this push.

The ground war rotates around council wards and parliamentary constituencies. There's never been much done on the ground for the euros.

MY MP is sending emails almost daily, Blomfield,shadow brexit minister, lots of canvassing dates, they are shaken after local council results.

I had labour on my door the other day for the euros. They're opening spiel was "we're sorry this vote is happening -but not our fault - we're trying to bring the country together". A pretty dismal appeal - remainers will go with green or lib dem - leavers with brexit party, labour are only going to get their hardcore loyalists. I cant see that labour going for 2nd ref now will hurt them - the damage is already done - cant see any brexit supporters leaving labour now who haven't already left.

I had labour on my door the other day for the euros. They're opening spiel was "we're sorry this vote is happening -but not our fault - we're trying to bring the country together". A pretty dismal appeal - remainers will go with green or lib dem - leavers with brexit party, labour are only going to get their hardcore loyalists. I cant see that labour going for 2nd ref now will hurt them - the damage is already done - cant see any brexit supporters leaving labour now who haven't already left.
So Labours strategy should be to hope the damage done to the Tory Party will put them into government? That's similar to the strategy they used in the run up to 2015, that UKIP would take enough votes off the Tories to stop them forming a government, didn't work too well them.

If Labour want to win marginals like Shipley, and they should, they need to appeal to at least some of those that voted Leave, coming out and backing a 2nd referendum hurts that. A Labour Party aiming for a majority government should not be backing a 2nd referendum.

EDIT: If anything would encourage me to vote Labour its the sliming back of "Remainers"s to the LDs.

I guess Preston labour must just be idle bastards then...
I don't think so; (understandably) there seems to be more urgency associated with these Euros than previous ones. From what I've heard, London region have urged CLPs to take leaflets above & beyond the postal drop and asked them to return their campaigning events calendar so that MEP candidates can join CLP events etc.

It's an exceptional Euro election and things do seem very different. It's just that my mates reckon the troops aren't too keen to get out there for these elections...even the ones going out are using the interaction with punters to talk about the GLA/Mayoral rather than Brexit.

Back
Top Bottom