Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Police strip search 15-year old in school

Well done to the CANDI students. My daughter's best friend went there. It's always been a bit disconcertingly high security TBH.

Why is everyone assuming she did smell of weed? She said she was held responsible for a smell, which suggests that in fact it wasn't her.

That part is important, too.

In any case, those utter, utter cunts. Sack the fucking lot of them.

I'm certainly not assuming that.

I was illegally forcibly strip searched in handcuffs by the police when I was 16. Not my favourite memory but it certainly informed my view of them since (i.e. the bastards just do what the fuck they like if they think they can get away with it). Must be even worse for this poor girl. 🙁
I was violently strip searched (down to my underwear) by police when I was 15. Different circumstances to the girl at school.

There was no good reason to search me at all, but I consented - thinking it would go better, given that they were clearly going to do it - as long as an adult was present. They weren't having any of it, though, and ripped my clothes off anyway, injuring me in the process.

That's probably all I'm going to say about it, other than that I'm ok. But I really might not have been.

That poor girl.

Met rebuked for strip searches two years before Child Q case in Hackney

Is this another case of 'bad apples'?

ASwAG-373-210362.jpg

Did strip searches in prison has to be done. Still done as humanly as possible top then bottom get it over with.

Apparently the not-great MP for Hackney South, Meg Hillier was booed by the crowd at the rally yesterday:

(I was getting a coffee at the time so missed it, doh).

I was there from almost the start of the speeches and that was a very angry crowd - and rightfully so.

Meg Hillier misread the mood of the audience, tried a "things have got better but it's not enough" and didn't get to the "but". Never recovered the audience.

Later, the Mayor admitted he was accountable for it, explain what he planned to do, and still was roasted by the crowd who were not at all satisfied.

It was strangely more lairy than the demo on the Friday outside the police station.

Sorry I missed you rich!

This twitter thread from the elected Mayor of Hackney concludes with him saying that the Head of the school should stand down:

Campaigners say police strip-search of black schoolgirl was 'sexual assault'

20111224082822!Metropolitan_Police_Logo.png

December 2020: Child strip-searched by Metropolitan Police

6 May 2021: Independent Office for Police Conduct commence investigation

45453047-9789251-image-m-46_1626294532658.jpg

(Source: as stated in image)

16 March 2022: "The Guardian understands that three Met officers who were placed under investigation by the police watchdog over the incident in December 2020 remain on full duties."

(Source: Black girl strip-searched by Met officers at London school tells of trauma)

Update:

Apparently, the Metropolitan Police are having difficulty telling the difference between children and adults.

Two Met officers who strip-searched school girl removed from frontline duties

Pilot scheme FFS and only in 2 boroughs :confused: :mad:

and

Yes to all of that proposal. That would be amazing. And I weep for all of us black children who didn't have/haven't had the benefit of it. 😭😭😭

It's realistic to do it as a pilot. That's a fuck of a lot of change. Necessarily huge.

You're not going to get it all done properly if you try to start with the whole Met at once. Institutions and the people who comprise them don't follow procedures very well, especially when they don't really give a shit about them, so you'd have as many different lax implementations as there are areas, and it would all fall apart, later to be deemed by some sub-standard inquiry as unworkable, thence to be dropped altogether.

I think it's good to limit it, initially. Make a process that works, so there is concrete evidence that it's possible to action and of how. Then throw any division that deviates from it to the fucking wolves.

No mention of putting the officers responsible in prison like the nonce filth scum they are.
Tbh, whilst putting them in prison might briefly satisfy my emotional desire to see them face punishing consequences, I don't think people should be sent to prison to satisfy emotional desires to see people punished. Or not unless that coincides with preventing the same thing happening in future.

I'm not convinced that sending anyone involved to prison would either result in them understanding why they were wrong, or prevent them or anyone else doing something like it again.

They do need to face consequences. Never to be able to work in this kind of role again would be good. And it should be expected, for anyone else left in the job, that doing this would necessarily, routinely, automatically, unavoidably involve extensive scrutiny at an institutional level.

We might not be able to change everyone's attitude quickly, but it is possible to make some actions painful enough on a day to day level, if the committment is there.

Even if I'm being hopelessly naïve, I don't think prison is the answer.

Campaigners say police strip-search of black schoolgirl was 'sexual assault'

December 2020: Child strip-searched by Metropolitan Police

6 May 2021: Independent Office for Police Conduct commence investigation

16 March 2022: "The Guardian understands that three Met officers who were placed under investigation by the police watchdog over the incident in December 2020 remain on full duties."

(Source: Black girl strip-searched by Met officers at London school tells of trauma)

"Nearly 90 Met Police officers and staff members have been accused of drug offences over the past five years - and nearly all of them have so far kept their jobs, MyLondon can reveal ..."

Dozens of Met Police officers accused of drug offences in 5 years - but most keep their jobs

How many of her own officers did she have stripped searched in the same way as Child Q?

Back
Top Bottom